Happy July 4th!

Happy Independence Day to the folks in the USA.  :cool01:  :party07:  :guitarplayer2: :headbang1:  :eek:ccasion14:

So did anyone do fireworks?

I have to admit, i am extremely disappointed with the fireworks i bought this year... They were shorter and smaller than ever before.
I had a bunch of these stupid little green balls that pretty much give you a single one-second explosion.
It was still alot of fun though.

Here are some crappy iPhone pictures.

I was a little disappointed with our fireworks too..
my son on the other hand couldn't be more excited!!  :icon_biggrin:

July+04+2009+027.jpgjpg

July+04+2009+031.jpg

Our fireworks we're awesome...and...dangerous....

We had a couple of double break mortars explode on the ground. lol.

Tempest said:
Our fireworks we're awesome...and...dangerous....

Fireworks are illegal where i live, so i have a place i go to every year to do them...
A few years ago we saw some drunk dudes get on furniture dollys and ride down the street (it's a big hill actually) through all the exploding fireworks. It was basically street Luge with alcohol and fireworks. :tard:

I don't know whether it was more stupid or more dangerous. :doh:

I remember when i was a little kid, i threw one of those spinning fireworks into the street right when a car was driving by, and for whatever reason these people had their windows down... :tard:
The firework just missed the window, so the people were safe, but damn the look on this woman's face was priceless.
Why someone would have their windows down while they are driving next to fireworks is beyond me.

The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.

- John Adams

"What better way to celebrate the independance of your country than by blowing up a small part of it?" -- Homer Simpson

:icon_jokercolor:  :laughing7:

Back