Hanstar DM-839 Microphone?

Timmsie95

I recieved tgis microphone from an uncle today, who got it in an auction.
The thing is in mint condition, and sounds really clear!
I searched EVERYWHERE online and couldn't find anything about the company, and nothing at all about this mic. The only thing I found that could be the same company, is now "Han Star Co." and they distribute Thermos and other food storage and cooking supplies, here in Canada.

Can anyone tell me anything about them?

Thanks in advance, if you know anything!

Attachments

• 20191225_172231.jpg
    20191225_172231.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 258
Looks like possibly an Asian knockoff of a Shure SM58 or there a bouts. Don't remember a company by the name of Hanstar though. But it sounds like a Korean or Chinese type of offbrand name.  Close as I can come, sorry.

PhilHill said:
Looks like possibly an Asian knockoff of a Shure SM58 or there a bouts. Don't remember a company by the name of Hanstar though. But it sounds like a Korean or Chinese type of offbrand name.  Close as I can come, sorry.

That is pretty much what I've come to. It is built really well though, so I'm going to use the thing as I would a 58. not sure where it came from, but the thing is really nice. Packaging is from the 70's most likely, based on my uncle's evaluation. He's an antiques dealer and restoration guy.

Timmsie95 said:
PhilHill said:

That is pretty much what I've come to. It is built really well though, so I'm going to use the thing as I would a 58. not sure where it came from, but the thing is really nice. Packaging is from the 70's most likely, based on my uncle's evaluation. He's an antiques dealer and restoration guy.

Hey, if it works good why not ?  Free is free, and seldom to be argued with. Wouldn't be the first time that a knockoff was built just as good as the brand name.

It probably is the Han Star Co. you mentioned. Why not contact them to see if they may know more about it.

I did find this listed...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HanStar-Super-Cardioid-Electret-Condenser-Microphone-/233124080836

Back