Guitarfetish sale

TBurst Std

Anyone seen and took of this? 12%off. Closeouts are 25% off.

I grabbed a new case for my Gibby LP as well as a couple goldfoil pickups to try in my Godin.

Had some other things in sight as well. 

Air cap have you bought a case from guitar fetish? I was thinking about the jazzmaster  case, are they really turds? Price is right.

I've bought several of what they sell and been pretty impressed. I strongly suspect whoever they're buying them from also makes many of the OEM cases that sell for quite a bit more.

I've bought parts from them too, no issues here.. :dontknow:

Not saying what they have is top shelf, but on a budget, why not... :dontknow:

Musician's Friend has the Fender Pro Series Strat/Tele cases on sale ($85.00 for tweed, $82.00 for black), plus 25% off on orders over $99.00.
I just got one of the tweed cases for $63.49.
Considering they are $119.00 everywhere else, I'd say it's a decent deal.

I've built a useful instrument from those parts.  Certainly not top drawer mind you, but it ended up being a good guitar.

Air cap have you bought a case from guitar fetish? I was thinking about the jazzmaster case, are they really turds? Price is right.

Not a case..... but their guitar parts are shit. I've had too many clients waste their money buying that crap, absolutely sure they knew better than me, and then hating me while I wag my finger saying "Told you so"....

You get what you pay for, and if you don't pay much for it - you don't get much. Prove me wrong.

It's silly to speak in absolutes. It's the easiest way to disprove your own declaration of knowledge. Check out their 2 point Strat bridge. Hardened steel baseplate. Steel saddles and steel block. All for about 40 bucks. Cant get that quality anywhere else for even close to that as far as I know. Ymmv :headbang:

You're probably safe buying a case from them.
Their guitar bodies have been compared to Warmoth's and found to be totally inferior to Warmoth.
I've read good reviews on their pickups, which I believe, but I'll stick with my Duncans and Dimarzios.

I have a couple of case from them.
The Fender Bass Case in Tweed for my Bari-Tele (Which is a GFS body)
and the 5 guitar briefcase.
I've had the bass case for about 7 years & the multi case for a little over 4 years.
Well built, solid, durable.  No complaints.

I've had multiple pickups and a couple of versions of their Tele bridge with the stainless steel saddles, one as a humbucker, then the standard single coil tele cut when I switched over to EMG's and they were both well made.

I've also used their reactive buss & wiring to directly retrofit multiple EMG solder less systems with flawless integration & use.

Their pots aren't CTS, but if you're just doing a quick swap on import pots for a customer's repair job, they are what they are for what they are replacing, and you may save a customer a couple of bucks if you don't mark them up.

pabloman said:
It's silly to speak in absolutes. It's the easiest way to disprove your own declaration of knowledge. Check out their 2 point Strat bridge. Hardened steel baseplate. Steel saddles and steel block. All for about 40 bucks. Cant get that quality anywhere else for even close to that as far as I know. Ymmv :headbang:

Exactly. It depends on what you buy from them.

Pickup-wise I've been pretty happy. I think they have models I like and models I don't like, just like Seymour Duncan (I love my Custom Customs and '59/C Hybrid but, lord, I hate the JB...). Their AlNiCo MusicMan bass pickup is KILLER.

I've gotten some sealed-style tuners and they've basically been the same quality as what you'd find OEM-wise on pretty much any Fender. I have zero complaints. I've also gotten some bass tuners, a bass bridge, and some other random stuff. There is some stuff that looks like crap but I don't buy things blindly.

Hell, I'll be honest, I even have one of their XGP Tele bodies in metallic purple that's pretty good. Is it perfect? No. The edge radius isn't as sharp as a vintage Tele (which a lot of imports have issues with) and is a little ripply looking on the back, but all the pre-drilled holes are straight, the finish is pretty good, and the thing actually resonates. I'm happy. I wouldn't touch their cheaper bodies with a ten-foot pole, though. Those look like a small step above the plywood Silvertones from 15 years ago. The lines are all wrong and the routes look terrible.

Just think about what you're buying and make sure you read between the lines of the hype and you'll be fine.

Their XGP bodies are dimensionally correct, and the finishes are passable. So, you can actually build a reasonable instrument with one and for as little as they cost, they're a bargain. But, the rest of their bodies aren't even good for firewood. I've actually thrown a couple away, they were so hopeless.

I know nothing about their necks, but I'm so picky with necks that I'm sure I don't want to know.

The hardware is on and off. Some stuff is good, other stuff... not so much. Just gotta be careful.

I think their pickups are great. Not always exactly what you want sound-wise, but that's every pickup maker extant. At least they're high-quality parts without any issues, and the prices are fantastic.

I've never bought a case from them, but I've bought many other parts and they were all lower quality.

Even if their cases were great, I'd personally rather just get them from someone who wants to focus on quality in general, which Guitar Fetish does not.

Well got the case and pups.  Unboxed the case and:

It’s well made, probably a bit better than my Roadrunner cases.

It fits my Gibby LP better than the case it replaces (which was coming up on 40 years old)

The neck support is in the right place and the clearance to the back of headstock is better than the old case.

The ‘gator print’ brown outside is not cheesy looking. 

All in all, quite happy for the $70 spent. 

The pups I’ll review later as it will not be an easy install. They will go into a semi acoustic that has also a piezo system.  Not only is accessibility an issue, I need to source or document the current wiring schematic.

Regarding the pups, these are for trial.  The ones I think I want are from the UK, and whenever I go to their site, they say they are not taking orders until the following month.  This is 3 months straight. Plus they are 3x the price, and I’m not even sure I want them LOL

Thanks for the report on the case.  As soon as I get the scratch I'll order the case, and start my next project.  Looks like it'll be a jazzmastery sort of thing.  At $70 bucks that's pretty good.

I've heard good things about their heavy duty licensed Floyd Rose, haven't tried it myself but it's around $75

Back