Guitar Fetish Cases

LushTone

Does anyone have experience with the hardshell 'deluxe' cases from Guitar Fetish (or similar)?

Link to the specific case I'm thinking of:
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Deluxe-Hardshell-Case-fits-Strattele-bolt-on-guitars-Black-Plush-Interior_p_899.html

I am looking for an affordable case that is devoid of such issues as faulty hinges/latches, weird smells and insufficient padding/lining.

I have this guy from Rondo Music - I see the price has gone up 10 bucks since I bought mine last year.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2373.html

It's for sure a durable case, but my carved-top telecaster has perhaps just a tad too much breathing room in it.  I think the body contouring on the guitar makes it a little loose in the case.  My reg'lar Tele fits fine.  Overall, definitely happy with the case.

When it was time to get a case for my Baritone Tele, I looked at both GFS and Rondo for tweed cases.

I went with the GFS because it is actual tweed fabric.
The finer print with Rondo explained that theirs was a vinyl print.

Just my experience.  The case is great for the price, I can't complain.  It's not a $300 actual Fender case, but it does the job, and does it well, and looks good doing its job.

I never used to keep my guitars in cases then one morning we had a 6.6 earthquake here right where I live. I had my Music Man leaning against my desk the night before. The quake hit at 5:04am. I ran to the guitar room and my MM had slipped but fortunately got wedged between my desk and my CD rack. No harm done. That same day I started buying cases for all of my guitars.

I ended up going with SKB and their semi-hard case. It's form fitted to a Strat and it has the same protective hard foam innards that hard cases have. The outside is fabric like a soft case though. I couldn't be happier with my choice. Those big square hard cases take up way too much room.
MULLY
FWIW, I weigh over 400lbs and I can stand on my case.

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=526&o=&offset=5&c=75&s=75#

I like SKB too. When you think of the worth of the guitars. The "Gator" brand imitation SKB's have the faulty hinges, warping sides etc. I've bought Epiphone cases to fit certain weird guitars, for that matter. The one thing I can't see is gig bags. If you're going somewhere that doesn't need a case, just carry the guitar. There aren't too many places I can think of like that.

Cagey said:
I've used a good number of cases from Rondo as well. Always been happy with the quality and price of the things.

Excellent.  Their Bass case is only a squidge too long for the Bass VI (43.5" total length).
Should work fine.  Most bass cases are way too long.

I hate to be the odd man out here, but I've had bad opinions of the few cases I've seen from Guitar Fetish.  They were poorly built and poor fitting.  One was a Jazzmaster type and one a Strat; both for friends' guitars.  The hinges broke on the Strat case within a week, and the JM never fit either the GF guitar it was ordered with or the Fender JM he already had.

-Mark

Oh snap! Does that flight case by Rondo look sweet!

Had I know this about a year ago I might have picked one up, but instead I went with Reunion Blues for my semi-hollow VIP 'cause she deserved it!  :headbang:

The Continental was by no means cheap, but if throwing a case with an LP inside off a 3rd story building doesn't raise your eyebrows, the balanced backpack style, super comfy, will leave your lower back at ease.

Heck I might even start wearing my guitar to the supermarket!
http://reunionblues.com/

The flight cases from Rondo are pretty nice. I have a pile of them. But, be forewarned - they're heavy bastards. They're like 20lbs before you put a guitar in them. On the plus side, you can beat the hell out of them and your guitar won't suffer.

If you can afford them, the SKB cases are pretty nice, too. They'll also take an incredible amount of abuse without affecting the contents. Big plus there is they don't weigh squat. Lot to be said for that.

Back