Grounding on a combination bridge/ tailpiece

What's the best way to run a ground wire to a combination bridge tailpiece?

• ground wire

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • attaching ground wire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Roselle

Anybody know  the best way to run and attach a ground wire on a combination bridge tailpiece? This is for a 59' Les Paul Junior style guitar.  :rock-on:

First, welcome.

Second, I don't understand your question.  To me, the answer is yes, the bridge needs to be grounded.  I don't think there is a difference as to how you do it, as long as it is effectively done.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't understand the poll or the question... :icon_scratch:

This type of bridge is different than say a strat or tele type bridge which are easy. I haven't done one of these before and am asking what's the typical way most builders run and attach a ground wire to a combination bridge tailpiece.

For any type of stop or TOM tailpiece, grounding wire to bridge stud. Warmoth pre-drills hole for this, if you have them install studs grounding wire is installed as well.  Your poll makes no sense

How do they attach the wire? I've heard that you can just strip back the wire and run it into the hole and then jam the post down on top of it...

GoDrex said:
How do they attach the wire? I've heard that you can just strip back the wire and run it into the hole and then jam the post down on top of it...

Always install my own studs, that's how I do it, someone that orders their studs installed by Warmoth will need comment

Back