Greetings, I just joined... here's my Warmoth Gold-Top Telecaster Deluxe.

I like where this is going :p

The single-p90 tele in a LPjr style was another idea I've thought about  :toothy12:

Excellent build.  It carried the LP to the Tele with more than just the Tele Custom control layout.  The gold top, the binding, the clear back.  Excellent choices.

Wow! That is lovely. You know, I was thinking that if you're doing another, similar sunburst, you could use a 24.75" scale conversion neck - it's more Gibsony, and you get 24 frets. Just a bit of variety from the Goldie.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: thats 2 thumbs up for me !
I wonder what a creme p/g would look like on the gold-top one . Could you post a side shot of the gold-top , please .
Ahhh ... and the triple threat .

In the end ,there will only be one "Master of the Universe" . . . and how will we know who it is ?

He'll be the one wearing a Tele .

dbw said:
That's a poplar Soloist, right?  Poplar deserves a solid color.
I beg to differ, I've seen lots of poplar pieces that are ever bit as deserving of a clear finish, including this one...
SL156A.jpg

I noticed you indicate you are using an American Fender strat hardtail bridge.  I am also building a tele deluxe, been months do a lacquer job on it, and when I did a test assembly I noticed the string spacing seems to be off a bit.  It is close but no matter how I adjust it there seem to be two strings, at either end, that ultimately are about 1/8 of an ich ormore off of the pickup pole.  Your bridge sadles look  different from the ones on the SFMH1B Warmoth recommended.  Did you use a different bridge or replace the saddles?  Or did you get the bridge elsewhere, and if so, what exactly is it?

"American Standard" is Fender's specific named designation for their newer bridges with 2 1/8" spacing. Vintage bridges have 2 3/16", even 2 1/4" spacing. There are some bridges that go down to 2 1/16".... So a "standard" Fender bridge may not be an "American Standard", if the seller means "standard" to mean "vintage".... :icon_scratch: yep it's goofy alright. Don't even ask for a "Fender-spaced" pickup unless you mean a vintage-Fender-spaced pickup...  :eek: An "American Standard" narrower Fender bridge works best with normal Gibson-spaced humbucking pickups -
if this is too confusing just send me all your parts and take up pinochle instead. :hello2:

P.S. what the heck is pinochle, anyway?

Back