Green Quilt Maple on Mahogany, Ebony neck

sduck

This is my second warmoth guitar, the first one I built back in 1999 or so. The first one was just cheapo parts from whatever they called the showcase back then; this one is primo parts I ordered specifically. These are some pretty lousy pictures I squeezed out tonight with bad lighting; I hope to get some better ones in the near future. Some small matters still need attending to - the nut needs some work, and the truss rod and string height need finessing.

First I bought the neck - angled strat, mahogany back with a black ebony, graphtek nut, gold 6100 frets, no inlays.

The body is chambered mahogany, with a select quilt maple top, contoured neck heel, rear routed, green dye finish.

Hardware was picked to match the neck - gold on black. Sperzel locking tuners, wilkinson bridge (oddly enough, I seem to have another almost the same as this one, except with black saddles on gold mounting). Pickups are Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck position, and a Tone Zone by the bridge. Wiring is from one of the standard Dimarzio wiring charts - it's a 5 way switch, the 2 and 4 position are single coils from both pickups. Sounds fabulous!

grngtr%20006.jpg

grngtr%20001.jpg

grngtr%20002.jpg

grngtr%20003.jpg

grngtr%20004.jpg

grngtr%20005.jpg

Great choices, and excellent results! You must be very happy with that!

Very, very pretty...gorgeous is more like it! Great attention to detail re the gold saddles on black bridge. As an idea, that doesn't sound as though it'd work,
but visually it couldn't be better! Stunning piece...

every time i log into this website, i find another project idea...

i never thought i would like a green guitar this much...

and that pickup combo is killer (same as my strat)...
it's got that "heavy blues" tone...on my alder strat...
the air norton is my favourite neck pickup...smooth

the quilt is just perfect...the clear gloss back with the
natural drop binding is a really nice accent...

enjoy her...she's a keeper

Thats a fine looking guitar indeed.  :headbang:

Great looking Mahogany, Looks great clear with that Green Quilt top  :toothy10:
Killer machine  :party07:

:kewlpics:

Thanks for all the kind words!

Here's another pic - look what I found sneaking around in the yard -

grngtrgotm%20003.jpg

Back