Graph Tech Saddles for Vintage Flatmount

JaySwear

hate to start two topics in one day, but while i'm at it...

i'm really not a fan of the saddles that are used on the vintage (and narrow) hardtail strat bridges. unfortunately, the string spacing is 2 1/4" which is very hard to find a replacement for (read: impossible so far). i'm pretty set on getting a Graph Tech saddle replacement, but which one? i've only heard good things about Graph Tech, so i figured they were probably the standard i should be looking at. but they don't have saddles specifically for 2 1/4". however they do have 2 3/16". it's so close i was curious, would i have problems trying to use the 2 3/16" for a bridge made for 2 1/4" saddles? i feel like the 1/16" missing wouldn't be noticeable when spread out between E to e. how maybe extra friction between saddles would be a problem, i'm not sure.

and if these will not work, or you have a suggestion for something else that would, i'd love to hear it

EDIT: here's the link to the saddles i was looking at http://www.graphtech.com/product-217-2/

Those being slightly smaller will not be an issue. You're talking about 1/16 of an inch divided by 5 (5 gaps between 6 saddles  :icon_thumright:) In most cases the saddles never touch each other anyway, so what's a little more gap gonna do? Nothing. Now if you were trying to put 2 1/4 saddles on a 2 1/16 bridge, well then you might have a problem of them bunching up against each other.

I have them on "Blue" and like them a lot.

Back