Gotoh SD91 Magnum Locking Tuners - any good?

BaconButty

Has anyone got these tuners? Any good? Im building a vintage style Strat and I want quick and easy string changes, combined with a lightweight tuner. Im not a fan of kluson slotted head tuners. Was also thinking about Wilkinson EZ Lok vintage style with the two holes in the posts.

They are good though my gotos are hipshot locking Staggered open back Tuners with the UMP plate , worth a look.

Last edited:
I like them but they are quirky because they are top locking not the wheel on the back. If you get the ones with the wheel on the back they are easier to use.

I agree 100%.

That said, I have an extra set of the Gotoh SG381 Magnum top-lock height-adjustable tuners that I'd sell for cheap if anyone wants them. They are chrome and have the Gotoh delta buttons on them. Unused. :)

I have a set of these. They work well, but are kinda pointless.

They are some much more finicky than the thumbwheel versions. They look cleaner and all, but if it was between aesthetics and performance I'd go thumbwheel next time.

Oh, and mini tulip buttons! Very cool option you rarely see.

Details!

I have them sitting on my bench waiting to be installed on a headstock I need to refinish

Back