Got Wood?

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
Check out this bookmatched piece of quilted bubinga. It's so big they have it hanging up on a wall like a mural.....
__bubinga_pommele_mural.jpg

How big IS it?  You need to stand in the picture so we can see...

Also, where is it?  And how much does it cost?    :eek:

As a former professional heat and A/C installer, I would be willing to bet that those register covers you can see behind the track lights at the top of the pic are twelve inches long, that puts some perpective to it.

guitlouie said:
As a former professional heat and A/C installer, I would be willing to bet that those register covers you can see behind the track lights at the top of the pic are twelve inches long, that puts some perpective to it.

Wow.  Wow.  Wow.  Wow.

guitlouie said:
So it's in the area of 3 to 5 feet in length....... :dontknow:

But since they call their operation 'wood veneers' it's probably just a few mm thick, much thinner than a lam top even. It looks great but I don't think it would be suitable for building a guitar from.

ByteFrenzy said:
But since they call their operation 'wood veneers' it's probably just a few mm thick, much thinner than a lam top even. It looks great but I don't think it would be suitable for building a guitar from.
Quite possible, but they have more than just veneers. They also sell exotic lumber of most other thicknesses... :dontknow:

ByteFrenzy said:

DL on an archtop?

thats gotta be 8-10 foot long, and an lp body is x long, so thats y beautiful bubinga toped les pauls.
i would never buy one.  puke!

Back