Goldtop with translucent back color availability?

stratoblaster

I would like to build a single bound, goldtop Tele body with mahogany core wood and a trans back like a Goldtop Les Paul Standard.

I swear you used to be able to get a Goldtop finish with a choice of translucent backs.  I can't seem to configure that now, my only options for the back color are Goldtop or black.  And, I only get black when I opt for a laminate top.  Is this still an option you can request somehow?

I'm sure that's still available.  If it does not work on the builder then it's probably some kind of website bug.

rick2 said:
Didja ya call them?  Sometimes there are off menu items.

No I didn't try but I was under the impression they aren't super responsive on the phone right now. 

Mayfly said:
I'm sure that's still available.  If it does not work on the builder then it's probably some kind of website bug.

I will probably have to drop them an email and find out.  I am assuming there is a longer than usual wait between emails and responses right now.

Actually, I haven't called them in a year.  Honestly, it's worth a shot because you'll get your answer immediately, if you have any questions get them clarified right there and you don't have to be bothered with the back and forth of emails.

rick2 said:
Actually, I haven't called them in a year.  Honestly, it's worth a shot because you'll get your answer immediately, if you have any questions get them clarified right there and you don't have to be bothered with the back and forth of emails.

I'm under the assumption calls are going to VM and then the good old... "your call will be answered in the order it was received" wait starts and takes days.  But TBH, I have not tried to call either.  I did send them an email after the site change and got a reply about 1 week later. 

I have found the W normally picks up the phone and you’re talking to who you need to in under 1minute when calling during their bus hrs

I'm with T-Bur ... I never had to wait.

if you call  ... I bet your assumptions will be dispelled.

TBurst Std said:
I have found the W normally picks up the phone and you’re talking to who you need to in under 1minute when calling during their bus hrs

Same, obviously I don't contact them for trivia, these times are hard for everyone. So e.g. I called them about a feature on their hollow bodies that wasn't going to work for me, got a "sorry we can't do that". So I ordered the same unique choice woods I was planning in a different body shape. I'm fine taking up a few minutes of their time if I know I'm going to place a valuable order.

Ok I called and yes humans are stilling answering the phone, well after the menu selections anyway.  They said the trans back is still available, just put it in your order notes.

I just saw your post here and fixed it on the website.

Clear, Trans Red, and Trans Brown are all available now.

Because the humans at Warmoth care.  :headbang:

The Aaron said:

Now that last line needs to be posted on your website.
Truth

The Aaron said:

Thanks Aaron!  You should give me access to your jira.  Assuming you use jira for bug tracking. 

Also @The Aaron it appears to get the goldtop with the trans body, I have to order a laminate top?  I can't just order a solid body and top binding?

stratoblaster said:
The Aaron said:

Thanks Aaron!  You should give me access to your jira.  Assuming you use jira for bug tracking.

Jira sucks.  Bugzilla is better.  And Emacs is better than vi  :)

Now for a more productive response:  There actually is a thread where people are posting bugs on the new website.  Stuff like this goes in there and if it's something major it usually is fixed quickly.  Behind the scenes I'm sure the developers are using some kind of tracker along with revision control etc.

Back