Gig stool, chair preference?

xld

Do you have a favorite gig stool/chair?
I’m looking for something lightweight and stable with a backrest.
Currently gigging a two piece acoustic so sitting just feels right.
I’ve got a stool with no back, a really heavy Quick Lok adjustable and a folding high kitchen chair. Non are both comfortable and transportable.
Any suggestions?

I have cut about 2 inches from the legs of a barstool( I'm short), the bass player had a full barstool, but neithere had backs, mine is very lightweight and transportable and my feet are comfortably on the floor.

I have cut about 2 inches from the legs of a barstool( I'm short), the bass player had a full barstool, but neithere had backs, mine is very lightweight and transportable and my feet are comfortably on the floor.
Yep, I've done that also. I purchased the taller bar stool and cut it to fit. I kept it slightly taller because I sit on the edge with one foot on the floor and one on the "rung" in order to keep one or the other knee up for a guitar rest. (I still use a strap.) I've used it for many years. The other two I keep at home as they're too heavy to be practical to gig with.
I'd really like to have a back rest. If I can't find anything on the market, I may experiment with adding a back rest to it.

Have you looked in IKEA, they have a number of barstool type chairs with backrests.

Last edited:
I used my player points and got a D'Addario stool about 20 years ago. Cut off about two inches. Honestly I'll sit in any chair that will work

I used my player points and got a D'Addario stool about 20 years ago. Cut off about two inches. Honestly I'll sit in any chair that will work
I always knew you were a "player" you sly devil!

Back