Gecko hard shell case

Bobpond

I have searched and don't see any answers on this. Here or Google. Google shows the case warmoth used to sell but nothing else helpful. Even Talkbass comes up empty.

I am building a medium 5 Gecko.

Does anyone know for sure from experience of a currently available hard shell case that they fit in correctly and securely? As in "Yes I have a brand X model Y case and my Gecko 5 fits perfectly".

Thanks.

Inquire with Warmoth Directly as they used to occassionally stock a case made specifically for the Gecko.
Perhaps if building a Gecko, they may be able to order the case for you.
It's not something they keep in stock a lot of the time as they take up a lot of space and Gecko orders aren't the mainstay like P & J basses are.
253-845-0403

Thanks.

I did ask Warmoth directly based upon the Google search that comes up with a case on their site. Their reply was they haven't offered it for years.

That's why I am asking here hoping to find someone who actually HAS a case that works and can share that information.

Bobpond said:
Thanks.

I did ask Warmoth directly based upon the Google search that comes up with a case on their site. Their reply was they haven't offered it for years.

That's why I am asking here hoping to find someone who actually HAS a case that works and can share that information.

Good to know, as it used to be on their site.

My plan at this point is when I get the parts, use the measurements to find a case that works, then when I do post back here.

I guess no one ever built a Gecko and put it in a case...

Bobpond said:
My plan at this point is when I get the parts, use the measurements to find a case that works, then when I do post back here.

I guess no one ever built a Gecko and put it in a case...

Not many.  I've seen lot's of gig bags though.  I'm a die hard, hard shell case guy.  I've only had a gig bag for one guitar, 25+ years ago.
I guess gig bags are popular with regards to traveling & such.  All of my touring was on the ground, so I never did "fly outs" to have the need for a gig bag.  I still prefer a good hard shell.

Fender's new ABS molded cases seem to work just fine.  I bought one a little while ago and tested it out this evening with one of my Gecko basses, and it fit pretty much perfectly. Granted, there's a bit of extra space around the body (since P and J basses are a bit more bulbous) but it didn't seem like it would be a problem for travel.

URL:  http://www.fender.com/accessories/bags-cases/abs-molded-precision-bass%2Fjazz-bass-case/0996175106.html

These are the newer cases with the grippy red handles.  I think I still prefer the original case that Warmoth used to sell, but this should be a worthy substitute.

Image: attached.

Update: the picture shown is for a Gecko Medium 5.  I also tried a Gecko 6, and it fit in just as nicely.

Attachments

• 20150518_230304.jpg
    20150518_230304.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 462
Thanks for the additional replies. I was waiting for the parts to get here to check this out.

The answer to my original question is a big, fat, DOH :icon_biggrin:

I have an SKB44. Fits fine in that. More securely than my Jazz bass. I have a G&G case that my Precision came in (receipt said "Vintage Fender Tweed Case"). It fits fine in that.

Back