GE1996T on Soloist Body

fair.child

I had submitted an order for a new body and neck. I did ask for Floyd's Recessed cut. I was wondering what I need to do next to get it to fit with GE1996T. Is it a direct swap with Floyd? I called Warmoth and they said it's not a direct swap and may require some dremel-ing work to make it work. I will plan to use studs from Floyd and want to see whether it's a direct swap with GE-1996T.

Can anyone here help me with some idea on how to make Gotoh Floyd work on the Warmoth Soloist's body?

Here are some pictures to get an idea of what potentially could happen. I just wonder if anyone had any experience to overcome this issue.

gotoh-floyd-orig-rout.jpg

gotoh-floyd.jpg

There have been some forum members who have used that bridge with the Floyd studs and as I recall without issue.

If any adjustment did need to be made the advise Warmoth have already given is correct. You could use a Dremel or hand sanding on a small block. One is quicker, one has less chance of running away with you if you are not used to dremel work.

If your body is unfinished you would want to do an assembly to check all of this, adjust as needed, disassemble, finish, reassemble.

Thanks for the info. It will be a finished body and seems to be I need to sand it or Dremel to fit the recessed Gotoh.

You have mentioned some members have used the trem. Did they happen to do dremel or sanding? Any pointer for the forum posts?

fair.child said:
Thanks for the info. It will be a finished body and seems to be I need to sand it or Dremel to fit the recessed Gotoh.

You have mentioned some members have used the trem. Did they happen to do dremel or sanding? Any pointer for the forum posts?

I do not recall them needing to sand anything. Though it does not mean if Warmoth have said you might need to sand that you will not.

Here is a link to one of FDeSalvo's builds. I took a quick look at it again as it was sometime ago and he does mention having to use some 220 to make an adjustment. But it did not seem to be much of a challenge.

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=27586.0

Back