Gary Moore relic tribute

llmtelecaster

I could have updated my original thread I made for this guitar, but I felt it's gone through such a transformation that it deserved a new thread to do it justice.

After Gary Moore's passing I knew I wanted to do a tribute guitar. I've always loved his Fiesta Red Strat, especially the way it looked in the video of him playing Hendrix's "Red House" at the Strat Pack concert. I ordered the body and neck from Warmoth, pickups and hardware from Callaham, and sent it off to Chicago Fret Works for a relic treatment. Just got it back and overall I'm pretty happy with it. Being that it's a nitro-finished guitar and not a poly-finished, I knew that it would be harder to get that really good relic look. Still, I think it came out pretty good. I'm planning on swapping out the bridge saddles for some vintage style saddles that are a little more distressed looking. Same with the input jack plate.

Hope you guys dig it.

Before...

beforegm2.jpg

beforegm1.jpg

beforegm3.jpg

After...

aftergm1.jpg

aftergm5.jpg

aftergm3.jpg

aftergm4.jpg

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Poly relics better than Nitro? :icon_scratch:

I caught that too... I think he meant t'other way 'round  ???

Still, not the worst Relic I've ever seen, by a long shot.

Although I never knew who Gary Moore was, it's a nice color combo. I'd call it a Mark Knopfler strat though. Scallop the fretboard and it transforms into a Yngwie.

If you don't know who Gary Moore is take some time and find out.  He was an amazing player!  :rock-on:

The tuners actually came from Warmoth. Best tuners you can get IMO.

And yeah I can't keep the poly/nitro thing straight. You guys are correct.

Relic work done well. Good job.  :guitaristgif:

But what about a bit nitro cellulose craks on paint ? They always look cool on relic guitars. You can do that craks with a hobby knife :)

205678_144918092242001_138532329547244_267015_6801408_n.jpg

Back