G&L's Dual-Fulcrum tailpiece

Graffiti62

Hi Everybody--

I am contemplating putting together a Strat project, but I was interested in using kind of a non-traditional tailpiece. I was thinking of using G&L's Dual Fulcrum tailpiece. I'm wondering if anyone has used it in the past and have found any likes/dislikes about it.

Also, is there anything Warmoth has to do differently to a body in order to accomodate the tailpiece?

Thanks much!

Where are you going to buy one? Don't see any for sale anywhere,  just installed on G&L guitars. Eyeballing it from picture it's hard to tell, you might be on your own routing for it. Do you have access to routing template/mechanical diagram?

G&L is selling them on their website--they're the same price as the modern two-bolt Fender($90). I have tinkered with one in a guitar store before, and they do feel a fair bit nicer than the newer two-bolt Fender tremelos. Plus, the Dual-Fulcrum was one of Leo's last designs--I kind of like to think of it as the last thing Leo gave us as an improvement on his original design.

Unforunately, I don't have a template. I was hoping that someone has tinkered with the design in the past, and could toss some input on what would be compatible or what I would have to do/request to get the design to work on a custom application.

Never played any of the newer G&L stuff. But and old guitar teacher I had in Dallas was friends with Leo, Leo gave him a '70 something Comanche I believe that's what it was. Had the 3 offset looking single coils, and a menagery of toggle switches...Cool guitar to play, I used it a bunch during my lessons. :guitarplayer2:

I've had several G&L Legacy guitars with the dual-fulcrum tailpiece, easily the best one I've ever used, plus the guitars never go out of tune even with standard tuners. I don't think there should be much modification to do if any.

Back