Full Size Strat Body vs 7/8 Strat Body...

It would look a bit more contemporary if the cut-outs were enlarged on the 7/8 Strat. I'm probably going to order a warmoth 7/8 Strat anyway. It seems perfectly functional the way it is.

Last edited:
The size reduction on the 7/8 is pretty subtle. At a glance, it doesn't look freakishly different from a normal size. It also fits perfect into a standard size strat hard case.

I’m wanting to do a 7/8 (24x24.75) Tilt Back Paddle head so I can cut my own headstock shape, to go with my own self made body.

Sadly, they won't do this. I've called and I've asked, but....nada. My biggest hang up with the non tilt back Modern design is that side adjust truss rod. I don't know why W is so stuck on this design. I do not like the squared off neck heel of a standard Fender based body. The non tilt back necks does not allow for cutting the neck heal like a Fender Elite / Ultra design, as well as not having a headstock position truss adjustment.

With the 7/8 platform, they could offer so many other options,...including tilt back necks, body blanks, other body styles, etc. So much potential with this platform.

I like W's quality, and they do offer a pretty good amount of options. However, I do find growing frustration in the limits of options for certain things from them.

Sadly, they won't do this. I've called and I've asked, but....nada. My biggest hang up with the non tilt back Modern design is that side adjust truss rod. I don't know why W is so stuck on this design. I do not like the squared off neck heel of a standard Fender based body. The non tilt back necks does not allow for cutting the neck heal like a Fender Elite / Ultra design, as well as not having a headstock position truss adjustment.

With the 7/8 platform, they could offer so many other options,...including tilt back necks, body blanks, other body styles, etc. So much potential with this platform.

I like W's quality, and they do offer a pretty good amount of options. However, I do find growing frustration in the limits of options for certain things from them.
For a straight headstock, I understand as that treads into Fender licensing. I’ve not heard a consensus yet on tilt back, Ala Gibson style, or custom self designed headstocks, as I have.

If the side adjust mechanism is a problem, would a Vintage/Modern construction 7/8 Warhead neck solve the issue?

In other words, do you particularly want the tilt-back design, or is it only the trussrod adjustment at the headstock you are looking for?

Tilt back for t rod adjust, and just the right break angle from nut to locking tuners with straight sting pull. Straight headstock wouldn’t complement my body design.

Though a 7/8 neck uses the same neck blanks as a 22 fret neck, uses just laid out for 24 frets with a shorter scale length. So, in that regard, it is based on a “platform” conforming to Warmoth's usage of vintage Fender specs for the neck heel and body pocket.

To offer a bigger variety of options would involve more tooling / blanks etc and so on, which is why, in all likelihood, it is not offered. At a certain point, the more options offered away from the core designs and production leads to increased cost and less ROI for any business.

Back