FS Black 5 string Jazz

ghotiphry

Guys, I need to thin the herd a little.  I'm starting with the 5 string that I never play, I never took to it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323978127306

s-l1600.jpg

That's sure a pretty axe; I wish I were a bassist with $1099 burning a hole in my pocket!  Alas, I'm (a) a guitarist, and (b) impecunious.  But I repeat myself.

Baggy, you think it's worth what I'm asking?  I know cost doesn't equal worth in this game, but the neck alone cost me just under $500.

Well, ultimately, it's worth what you can get for it.  If you're in a hurry to move it, you'd be better off parting it out and probably getting better price per part than you will for the complete instrument.  But if you're not in a rush, put it on Reverb and wait.  I don't think your price is outrageous, but as I've opined elsewhere - folks in the know about Warmoth tend to be in the market for parts, not completed instruments; and folks who are not in the know will look at a complete non-brand-name instrument and pass it by, no matter how objectively high the quality is.

Looks like that bridge ain't the only thing "Bad Ass" about that bass! Good luck with the sale, must be heart breaking to part with a member of the family...

You got that right, Big Steve, and thank you.  Actually, since I never really took to the 5-string thing, this one's not as tough as some of the others.  If this was a 4-string, I think I'd be thinking twice.

Bagman, I considered parting it out.  i just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I mean, really...

Sorry no more Pablo Neruda quotes I’m sure there’s something about thinning the herd bhut. It escapes me

That's a really nice looking bass! Unfortunately I already have 2 5-string jazz basses, so I'm not interested.

Michael

Damn, that's a fine bass. Your price isn't too high but it might take the right person to buy it. I also can see why you don't want to part it out. It's a work of art.

That is a stellar 5 string.
I wish I were in the market for a few things like this, but the wifey had a pretty intensive talk with me on this subject over my swooning of the Brian May Guitar at Guitarget last week... :sad1:

Back