frick

Volitions Advocate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbPrTAAnmN0&feature=channel_page

n517473612_1877027_5661476.jpg

4434_83494623612_517473612_1877028_1352923_n.jpg

n517473612_1877029_3858625.jpg

photo.php

Need I say more?

not sure yet.  minus throwing out the free carpet and the free couch that got soaked... and the free blankets on the walls tha ttouched the floor...

We're talking pedals.  If they are broken maybe 1500 bucks.

So long as the guys in adjacent bays don't come trying to sue us or something.

You will survive this.  Our rehearsal area was flooded about 10 years ago.  We lived to play another day.

plumbing..

The toilet actually if you can believe it.  They water system here is a well/septic system.  Lucky for the landlord theres a guy 2 bays down that has a porta potty business who pumps the tank whenever it fills.
Lucky in that the landlord comes around maybe twice a year.  I've met him once and paid him once since we've been in this place. (september)  When the plumbers came last year to do the pressure test for the N.G. we also got him to replace the gasket under the toilet because it was leaky.  Most guys in this building don't really care, they use it for a shop for their cars and such.  Well we called him about 2 months ago saying we wanted him to get some repairs done.  The walls in the bathroom have got back mold because the building used to have a leaky roof, so they fixed the roof but not the walls inside.  Anyway I guess last night somebody used the toilet, and the little flapper thing got stuck that closes the hole from the tank to the bowl. and it just cycled all night until the septic tank filled up.  So the water had nowhere to go, it just flooded the toilet, then onto the floor and the entire place.

I"m glad it was fresh water (if you can call it that), and not sewage.  What a bloody day.

Bass player took his GT-10 apart, which was about the only piece of equpiment actually on the floor and under the water, about half submerged.  I was lucky I had half an inch on him because of my pedal board.  But it still got wet inside.  Anyway he says all the circuitry is mounted in side the top panel,, not the bottom.  So there's a good chance the water never got into the real guts of the machine.  So if his works (hell plug it in in a couple days and check) that bodes well for mine.

About 3 ends on my daisy chain were drooped in the water as well as the end that plugs into the 9v adapter.  Around each of them in the water was that frothy residue that builds up on the terminals in your car battery, it was like a light blue color.  So i'm hoping that didn't affect much.. we're dealing with 9 volts here so i'm hoping nothing really got hurt.  My stompboxes are on a 2nd tier on my pedal board which didn't get wet, just a few of those connectors,  But none of the breakers were thrown so I'm assuming nothing shorted out.  Which is a good thing.  None of the guitar amps were plugged in.  but the computer and the PA equipment was. 

I tell you it took a brave minute to walk to the back of the room and throw all the breakers off.
an inch of water over 1000 square feet because of less than 12 hours on a faulty fudging toilet.  Impressive I guess.

Dude, that totally sucks!  You're lucky that there wasn't a lot more damage though.  That could have been really disasterous and dangerous. 

Wow, yuck! That sucks big time. Sorry for your troubles. Good luck with getting it all back together and hopefully your stuff is still OK. Keep us posted.

IT WORKS!!! IT WORKSITWORKSITWORKS!!!!!!

the adapter is fried.. and its 50 bucks for a new one. but my GT 10 is A-OK!

I'm gonna have to write roland and thank them for building tanks...

The thing was in an inch of water!! and it fuggin works!

Volitions Advocate said:
IT WORKS!!! IT WORKSITWORKSITWORKS!!!!!!

the adapter is fried.. and its 50 bucks for a new one. but my GT 10 is A-OK!

I'm gonna have to write roland and thank them for building tanks...

The thing was in an inch of water!! and it fuggin works!

Awesome! That thing sounds like it's great for gigs/tours/travel, then.

Wow, that's great news.  I've always liked Roland, and here's another reason to add to my list. 

Volitions Advocate said:
plumbing..

The toilet actually if you can believe it.  
I"m glad it was fresh water (if you can call it that), and not sewage.  What a bloody day.

an inch of water over 1000 square feet because of less than 12 hours on a faulty fricking toilet.  Impressive I guess.

I'd believe it Volitions. Our bus depot suffers from a similar problem from time to time.

Someone, for cultural / religious reasons we've established, insists on totally covering the toilet seat with paper. If they can't get enough toilet paper they WILL use paper towels, which if used in numbers will clog the s bend of the toilet. The result is usually a flooded men's toilet and it just happens to flood the nearest office, which is our Depot Managers'! What will happen is that someone else will use another toilet, if the blockage is low enough it will back up on all 4 toilets and eventually overflow. Quite comical seeing a 'yellow' river flowing into the manager's office.(Not all our water is 'fresh' in this scenario  :evil4: ) Manager is damned lucky that the floaties won't make it underneath the toilet door.

People have been counselled over it, the union rep has had to sit in on meetings, and sometimes it still happens. Doesn't help the fact the Depot was built under a Govt. contract and the plumbing and electricals in the building are shonky.

So glad to read that your GT-10 survived the deluge. Yes, Roland deserve a letter for that.  :icon_thumright:

Back