Frets on Finished Necks with Maple Fingerboards

neil said:
ive done a few scratch builds thet have had maple necks,or in one case an ebony board that needed spraying white....sick but it was the customers choice.
I do normally mask the frets,but it takes ages...warmoth are great guys but no one could expect them to be able to make such great parts and spend an extra hour per neck masking for the same price.
The nail trick or being very carefull with a scalple as a scraper NOT a cutter and every body will be happy.

If your wondering about what kind of sicko would like an ebony board sprayed white there are some pic on my my space...look for the upside down guitar player...edit the pic after a few beers!

www.myspace.com/neilsguitarworks

have fun guys and girls
Is that Prince's? The purple one himself  ????!

Normally I'd think finishing a necks fretboard would be sacrilege , but as long as it's a replica of Prince's cloud guitar I can make an exception.

It comes off pretty easily, I just kind of played and bent and then it loosens up.  no worries

Of course it does :icon_biggrin:

But just incase it goes wrong - and I'm sure it can happen - Greg/Warmoth have to mention it since otherwise legal claims would come and would be won by unsatisfied unsympathetic custumers  :laughing8:

"Trial by twelve good man and true, is a sound system!" - Sean Connery in 'Murder on the Orient Express'  :icon_smile:

Back