frets like ibanez

CD

Does anyone know what size of fret wire Ibanez uses on their necks? I know its a jumbo size, but I"m not sure which one it would be from the warmoth descriptions.

Yep, it's 6100's.  These are GREAT frets, and I would buy them that size, but...

Warmoth doesn't offer them is stainless steel, something that is an absolute deal breaker for me now...​

Hint, hint Gregg ;)

I really want stainless steel frets now that I've read more about them, but I really want the huge frets too. Decisions decisions... :icon_scratch:

Hammerons pulloffs and bending is a lot easier. After playing guitars with big ass frets I don't really wanna go back.  :toothy12:

CD said:
Hammerons pulloffs and bending is a lot easier. After playing guitars with big ass frets I don't really wanna go back.  :toothy12:

Hey CD, yeah, I relate to that, I like huge frets as well, though I have the largest stainless Warmoth offers and the beauty is they are jumbo, but also easy enough to slide around on the neck without feeling like Im hitting speed bumps, some guys think that because they are shown as a somewhat Pyramid shape in the spec section that they are weird or odd, but unless someone actually told me they were a different shape than standard frets, I would never have known, Im glad now, that they are no bigger than they are as I realize sliding from position to position would be harder if the frets were any larger, and bending has never been this easy in my life, and I bend a whole lot, check out some Hendrix or Vaughan transcriptions and you'll know what Im saying.........just get the 6115 CD trust me you'll Love em, it took me a bit but now I wouldn't buy anything but........Stainless for life.......... :icon_thumright:

I've used all kinds of different frets through the years. (not out of choice, just different guitars) Just out of personal preference I really prefer 6150's.  To me hammer on's and pull off's are easier when I feel the fretboard and I can't do that very well with 6100's.

Back