Fret width from fret 12 to 22 on 6-string vs 7-string necks with superwide nuts

Cadmus

I am working on a travel guitar that will incorporate a Warmoth neck.
How can I obtain the width of the fretboard (fret width) at fret 22, 16 & 12 (or around there) on a Warmoth 6 string neck with Superwide nut (1 7/8”) and a 7 string Warmoth neck with Superwide nut?

Thanks in advance for the help. 

P.S. My assumption is the 22 or 24th fret would be the same width regardless of the chosen nut width but maybe not 12 or 16? But I include the nut detail as I am looking only at the 1 7/8” nut, just in case I am wrong. 
My guess is all width are equal to the heel pocket at 22 and 17 ish?  Aside from baritones?

It sure would be helpful if there were online resources showing neck width and dimensions at numerous lengths up and down the neck.  It is offered for the neck thickness (profiles) but not width.  I can only guess that the heel pocket width is equal to fret 22.  That is an assumption as fret board might hang over the neck a bit like on the baritone.  Either way, as a former luthier who made many many 2” and 1 7/8” nut guitars I appreciate that Warmoth offers these for both those that ergonomically need it and those from a classical or finger style background. Thanks Warmoth.  I do wish you offered the 1 7/8” on more than only  “Strat, Warhead, or Warmoth” headstock and the 2” on more than only the 7-string. But I can not be a beggar and a chooser. At least you offer it which is more than everyone else. 

The Superwide neck on the old web site used to have some pictures showing the heel area but on the current site I am not sure if it is shown. Though I have attached an image I found via a web search which shows it

The Superwide fits into a standard Strat body neck pocket and the extra width overhangs.

index.php

According to this thread
https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=1212.msg457600#msg457600
the super wide neck expands to 60.53mm at the 22nd fret.

Attachments

• superwideheel.jpg
    superwideheel.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 170
Stratamania, this makes me happy and gives hope!  thanks.
Is this a 6 string or 7 string superwide?  I think the warmoth super 7 heel is flat like a tele, right? So i presume the photo is a 6 string.  It looks comfy.   
I scoured the website, i am sure it is not in a obvious place anymore.

Thank you.
live long and prosper, sir.

Still interested in dimensions of both the 7 and 6 strings

It is a 6 string superwide Strat type heel. The 7 string has a square shaped heel but I have no dimensions for it.

See my last post regarding width at the 22nd fret. For the rest the part that goes into the pocket will be the same dimensions as a Strat neck heel which are listed here.

https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-fit

i by no means am planning a 7 string guitar,  but if i was,  the warmoth site says 7 string warmoth necks fit only warmoth 7 string bodies,,  which warmoth bodies are 7 string ?

teleme01 said:
i by no means am planning a 7 string guitar,  but if i was,  the warmoth site says 7 string warmoth necks fit only warmoth 7 string bodies,,  which warmoth bodies are 7 string ?
Only the “7 string body” is seven string

ragamuffin said:
teleme01 said:
Only the “7 string body” is seven string

Talk about wasted potential

not even a bodyblank?

I have a superwide neck and it feels nice, got it with the wolfgang profile.  Nice and roomy for my hand.  If you look at the warmoth site you'll find the heel offerings.

Back