forearm contour

jefflukesh

Warmoth could consider way more slope in its forearm contour. If they hadn't added the 720 mod it would have been hard for me to consider another Warmoth. If they enhanced the FC similiar to a Tom Anderson I would order a bolt together painted package ASAP.

Strat obviously.

Get one of these bad boys and go to work:

ETS150.jpg

You could make it clear to the back edge with a surform rasp in 30 minutes or so, unless you're talking a maple body or something. Wood is soft, wood is easy, cavemen can work wood. Use a buck knife, impress chicks. :headbang:

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/S/AE_surform_rasp.html

Telecaster actually. A Cobra to be exact. The hardest part is the finish. If I have to sand the contour down, then glue on a quilted maple piece (on a curved surface) then dye it and clear coat it, I might just go someplace else. Or in all probability If I were to do all that I'll cut the neck attachment off again and go all the way with the pickups from the back again. Red telecaster, cream pickups, no mounting hardware or visible screws.

But... If you take Warmoth's 720 mod and high grade quilted top and whatever features you want, you may have a better guitar than ANY other manufactuer. Oh... except for the traditional forearm contour that has been improved alot by others. (Tom Anderson)

i never thought the forearm contour was such a problem... i'm a lot more concerned with the tummy cut, myself.

and if you don't mind me asking, what's a cobra telecaster?

andersonguitars.com The cobra is a tele with a 24 3/4 mahoganey neck. (usually two humbuckers) Cobra S is a 24 3/4 mahoganey neck strat.
Really, the Ferrari of finished guitars.

Tom Anderson has the forearm contour correct. Warmoth, with it's 720 modification has the neck joint correct. Warmoth gives you alot
more options for a lot less money. 

One thing you can easily replicate on a Warmoth body is Anderson's double strap-button setup. (Um, although it looks completely stupid to me. I understand it's to help the guitar balance better when resting on it's end leaning against an amp, but seriously, I want to slap anyone if I see their guitar put anywhere other than in a case, on a stand, or in their hands.)

I still can't get over the forearm contour thing.  Any forearm contour is an improvement over none.  Tom Andersons are nice no doubt, but a bit overpriced IMO, especially for something that isn't custom.

yeah after looking around on their website, i can't see much of a difference. i don't doubt that there is one, but it doesn't look that drastic.

plus, i remember a thread not too long ago about how a forearm contour on a tele completely ruined the aesthetics of the thing. i guess there has to be a line between "how should it look?" and "how comfortable should it be?"

I think it's a bit funny to call any spec like this "correct" or "incorrect" - though obviously yellow is an incorrect colour for a guitar (wink).

AToE said:
I think it's a bit funny to call any spec like this "correct" or "incorrect" - though obviously yellow is an incorrect colour for a guitar (wink).

What about TV yellow? I could do some TV yellow.

AToE said:

Hey! That was just uncalled for!  :toothy11:

ErogenousJones said:
AToE said:

Nah, he's right.  There's no classic guitars in.....yellow....  Hey, wait a minute!  :laughing7:

Blue313 said:
ErogenousJones said:
AToE said:

Nah, he's right.  There's no classic guitars in.....yellow....  Hey, wait a minute!   :laughing11:

Owners of yellow guitars unite!  :laughing7:

Back