For those thinking of getting a Mooncaster ...

Logrinn

... here's a cool clip of the very talented Sam Coulson shredding on a Fender Starcaster:

[youtube]NiH7jwWylt4[/youtube]

:guitarplayer2:

I'll throw this out there;

1) Sam Coulson could made a $20 WallyMart toy guitar sing

2) The Fender Starcaster has more in common with the ES335 than the Warmoth Mooncaster. I don't know the entire construction specs of the Mooncaster but the sides and back are all one piece, hollowed out, similar to the Samick RL Royale line of guitars. I have played an RL2 and an RL3 that were both lively with plenty of articulation.

3) I would be interested in building a Mooncaster-cello if I could find a TOM-style bridge and stop tailpiece that would build it out as a mandocello. I may have to bite the bullet, buy a small mill and do the bridge and tailpiece by myself.

DangerousR6 could probably make you a bridge if you don't want to really buy a mill.

Edit, I am not planning on a Mooncaster.

@raystankewitz:
1. So true
2. I'm sure that's true. I'm not that knowledgeable about the differences in construction. My reason to posting the video was more in the lines of it perhaps being an inspiration for those thinking of getting a Mooncaster. I know I began thinking of getting one after seeing this even though I've never given the Mooncaster any interest before.
3.That would be awesome to see and I would follow it's build with interest.

Back