For the RUSH fans!!!!

It was on VH1 this past saturday - I liked it. It was cool to see their early years.

Waiting for the DVD.... it was showing on VH1 classic.... but I want the sound and the HD....

this was a great movie, for sure! I'm ordering the DVD. also, I have plans to see them in Atlanta on September 29th! whoo!!!

Just finished watching with my wife - it was great!  Even Lisa liked it!

But, I have a confession here.  The last Rush album I bought was power windows.  I didn't like all the keyboards, so I kinda go into different stuff.

After the movie now I want to go out and pick up all those records that I missed!

I watched it the other day, I was surprised to learn that Alex and Geddy, where nerdy school buddies, from middle school or even grade school.

Also how quickly they developed a fan base and were on there way to stardom from the get-go.

Never a party band, they would retire to their hotel after a show, and read books, which led to Gene Simmons to querry: " are those guys gay"  LOL

It's a great movie, gonna go find a best buy now and get it.

I want these amps  :icon_jokercolor:
20100701%20rush%20lifeson-thumb-300x450.jpg

You know, I was never a huge Rush fan, but this has really made me appreciate them.  I think I was tainted by the people I knew who listened to Rush.

-Mark

AprioriMark said:
You know, I was never a huge Rush fan, but this has really made me appreciate them.  I think I was tainted by the people I knew who listened to Rush.

Rush jerks? :icon_scratch:

I think I'm a typical Rush liker - I like their late 70's and early 80's stuff and then I lost interest. The album "Exit... Stage Left" captures the Rush I like. I don't like much before or after that period. But there are a few songs here and there.

Just saw them live on Canada Day yesterday!  :headbang:

Great setlist, and they sounded awesome!! My first show but I went with a friend who has been to many a Rush concert and he said it was the best one he's ever seen.  Alex's tone was the bomb.

Well here is a better shot of the Hughes & Kettner Tube and Steam Amps
4820.jpg

From the Hughes & Kettner site.

Paul Airey had the honour and pleasure to meet Alex Lifeson at Sony Studios in Los Angeles during the pre-production rehearsals for the “Time Machine” America tour.
He was there to see the unveiling of Alex’s special Hughes & Kettner rig - The Steam Punkt amps.

Six months ago, Alex spoke with us about the concept for the new tour and his vision of the amps. We firstly agreed on which amps he would use- TriAmp and Coreblade, he then showed us the cabinet design concept and we fell over with shook. We realised very quickly that we would have to find a very special cabinet maker to get the results Alex wanted. We also agreed that this needs to be done in Canada, so that Alex could oversee the whole process and get the results he wanted.

From that point on, we had many technical discussions with him and his cabinet builder to ensure that the amps and speakers would work perfectly well at all times. Also we had to make sure that there would be no fire hazard involved.

So we are now very proud that our advice, Alex’s genius, and his cabinet makers expertise created what you now see. Simply the biggest and best looking Hughes & Kettner rig that has ever been.

first off, when did Rush go steam punk?!?! hah. and secondly, THOSE ARE REAL?! holy cow! I thought those were cabinet covers! awesome!!!

Crappy said:
4820.jpg

Paul Airey had the honour and pleasure to meet Alex Lifeson at Sony Studios in Los Angeles during the pre-production rehearsals for the “Time Machine” America tour.
He was there to see the unveiling of Alex’s special Hughes & Kettner rig - The Steam Punkt amps.

Six months ago, Alex spoke with us about the concept for the new tour and his vision of the amps. We firstly agreed on which amps he would use- TriAmp and Coreblade, he then showed us the cabinet design concept and we fell over with shook. We realised very quickly that we would have to find a very special cabinet maker to get the results Alex wanted. We also agreed that this needs to be done in Canada, so that Alex could oversee the whole process and get the results he wanted.

From that point on, we had many technical discussions with him and his cabinet builder to ensure that the amps and speakers would work perfectly well at all times. Also we had to make sure that there would be no fire hazard involved.

So we are now very proud that our advice, Alex’s genius, and his cabinet makers expertise created what you now see. Simply the biggest and best looking Hughes & Kettner rig that has ever been.

These guys are just having a blast with their backline  :headbang: :eek:ccasion14:

mayfly said:
Crappy said:
4820.jpg

These guys are just having a blast with their backline  :headbang: :eek:ccasion14:

Whatever's behind Geddy has sausage links coming out of it.  LOL

Saw them last night in Milwaukee. That second set was some ass-kickery of epic proportions. All of Moving Pictures, note-for-note, front-to-back. Will see them tomorrow in Chicago.

I got the Blue Ray DVD today and watched both the movie and the extra 2 1/2 hour bonus stuff.

This is a great movie or rockumentary or whatever.  Even non Rush fans should enjoy it.

Theres a 30 minute piece in the bonus footage of them at a restraunt getting hammered on wine that is quite entertaining.

I've always been a fan, but never knew much about them, now I'm a bigger fan, I don't think Alex gets enough credit for being a great guitarist

I've got tickets to see them at Bluesfest here in town -

it's the night after our CD release party - I'm going to be a tired boy!

Back