Footprints Of The Loner

wolbai

It all started with a motive for a bending/vibrato excercise. But I couldn't turn it into something more than that in the past.

I don't know why, but in the last weeks this motive has developed into a guitar instrumental song.
The song has a 6/8 beat. And I guess some footprints of the Loner have found their way into it ...

Creating a new song is always challenging to me - to fill this sheet of white paper with something musical ...

I recorded the guitar with my beloved Marshall tube amp and a new piece of gear: the BluGuitar Blubox speaker simulation.
Pretty decent live and recording gear IMO.

I hope you like my new song - any feedback is greatly welcome  :icon_thumright:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rlGq274y4Y

wolbai

Nicely done. If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought I was listening to some unreleased Santana.

Thank you @Cagey for your encouraging feedback - I appreciate a lot !

The Santana comparison is very flattering, although I didn't keep CS in my mind during the song development process.

As times goes by my Recording/Mixing/Mastering experience has also continued to develop a bit. And the same applies to the software tools I am using nowadays.

All the best - wolbai :icon_thumright:

You've got a similar tone/attack on that piece to some other Santana stuff.

The mixing/mastering thing is a row to hoe, that's for sure. My son is currently messing around with some YouTube things, and is having a lotta trouble in that area. Many concepts he was completely unaware of, and isn't trained to hear or even identify. Things like equalization, compression, etc. that most people never give any thought to. One of those things you don't know isn't right or even present until it isn't.

That "row to hoe"- description for the Mixing/Mastering process is a good one  :icon_thumright:

It takes years of exercise, persistence and patience to go through the learning curve.

I honestly wasn't aware on that when I started my home recording journey a few years ago.

I started a buncha years ago myself, thinking if I just had the right gear/software/etc, the rest would follow fairly easily. Spent a pile of money, only to find that to say I was profoundly naive would be a monumental understatement. If the proverbial row that needs to be hoed is a 100 miles long, I think I've made it about 18 feet  :laughing7:

Your playing really sucked me in. Outstanding recording, one of your best.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Kevin's description of it being much like Santana's work is right.

@Rgand - thank you for the kind words !

I know my type of music is a bit fallen out of time - but so am I  :icon_biggrin:

But apart from any genre taste, I always try to do song projects as technically well done as I can.

Back