Floyd Rose Pickup Recommendation

Keldus

Hi,

So I've got a Warmoth partscaster with a Floyd Rose (a Lockmeister more accurately, but 99.5% identical to the OFR) and I'm looking for pickup recommendations.

As many people know, Floyds tend to suck the low end out the tone, hence putting brass blocks in them and other solutions, but I'm looking for the perfect pickup for it. I'm used to high output pickups like the Gibson Dirty Fingers, PRS Tremonti Treble and the Bare Knuckle Nailbomb. I've currently got the Alnico version of the Nailbomb in it at the moment, which is fantastic for boosting the mids. It was amazing in my PRS MT15, but my JCM800 highlighted it's lack of lows.

Anybody have any tips or recommendations?

Hi,

So I've got a Warmoth partscaster with a Floyd Rose (a Lockmeister more accurately, but 99.5% identical to the OFR) and I'm looking for pickup recommendations.

As many people know, Floyds tend to suck the low end out the tone, hence putting brass blocks in them and other solutions, but I'm looking for the perfect pickup for it. I'm used to high output pickups like the Gibson Dirty Fingers, PRS Tremonti Treble and the Bare Knuckle Nailbomb. I've currently got the Alnico version of the Nailbomb in it at the moment, which is fantastic for boosting the mids. It was amazing in my PRS MT15, but my JCM800 highlighted it's lack of lows.

Anybody have any tips or recommendations?
Dimarzio Tone Zone or a Dimarzio Super Distortion... in that order.

Ok, I since got hold of a secondhand PRS Tremonti Treble and it's PERFECT! It's packed with lows and midrange and slightly rolled off highs, which works really well with a Floyd Rose. It chugs like crazy!

I love my Seymour Duncan "The Hunter" Custom Shop pickup in one of my Floyd-equipped guitars, but I don't think it is available anymore. I tried the Tone Zone and found it to be too "bassey". Replaced it with a JB which sounded much better.
Replaced that with "The Hunter". A Super Distortion would sound good too.

As many people know, Floyds tend to suck the low end out the tone, hence putting brass blocks in them and other solutions,
but FR originals already come from the factory with brass blocks. this FR tone suck slander should've been put in the ground twenty (20) year ago

anyway, if u need something thick, the Invader is always ready to welcome u with open tentacular arms

but FR originals already come from the factory with brass blocks. this FR tone suck slander should've been put in the ground twenty (20) year ago

anyway, if u need something thick, the Invader is always ready to welcome u with open tentacular arms
None of my FRs came with a brass block.

None of my FRs came with a brass block.
nah they probably did, but since FR nickel coats them they don't look that familiar golden hue. But as to why they do that... lol idk

but it's right on their web zone

"The Floyd Rose Original is precision-made in Germany, engineered to exacting specifications using high-quality hardened steel and a nickel-plated brass sustain block ."

Last edited:
Back