Floyd Rose build question

Assumer

Hey guys. Looking at starting a build and introducing myself to the world of FR bridges. I have been searching the site and just wanted to make sure I am understanding what I have read. Going to be a lefty recessed OFR.
So: recessed =no neck pocket angle.
Neck radius matching bridge.
Locking nut for 43mm is R3.
Anything else I need to know.
Thanks

So: recessed =no neck pocket angle.
Correct
Neck radius matching bridge.
If it is a straight radius, yes. If it is a compound radius of 10-16" ideally the bridge radius needs to be around 18" and for a 9.5" - 14" about a 16" radius. To achieve that radius, shims are mostly needed.
Locking nut for 43mm is R3.
Well, yes but also no.

R4 is also 43mm but has a wider string spacing, but R3 tends to be a more popular choice with a narrower string spacing.

I assume if you are doing a lefty recessed OFR you are left-handed or at least building a "left-handed" guitar, in which case you also need a left handed neck and an L3 nut.

Anything else I need to know.

Get a 37mm block for the tremolo.
Have a look at the Welcome to the Forum thread linked in my signature which has numerous links to other threads and useful information including setting up Floyds and trems.

Correct

If it is a straight radius, yes. If it is a compound radius of 10-16" ideally the bridge radius needs to be around 18" and for a 9.5" - 14" about a 16" radius. To achieve that radius, shims are mostly needed.

Well, yes but also no.

R4 is also 43mm but has a wider string spacing, but R3 tends to be a more popular choice with a narrower string spacing.

I assume if you are doing a lefty recessed OFR you are left-handed or at least building a "left-handed" guitar, in which case you also need a left handed neck and an L3 nut.

Get a 37mm block for the tremolo.
Have a look at the Welcome to the Forum thread linked in my signature which has numerous links to other threads and useful information including setting up Floyds and trems.
Thanks for the response. Yes building a lefty.

Back