Flame walnut G4!

Rickgrxbass

Ok, so it technically got here last week, but I've been working nights and haven't had time to fiddle with the digital camera and picasa  :tard:

DSC00678.JPG

DSC00679.JPG

Would've gotten it out of the box even faster if my cats hadn't insisted on removing the packing peanuts one at a time:
DSC00681.JPG

(I'm hoping the pics actually work, the java on this site isn't playing nice with Safari.  If all else fails, all the pics from the build are/will be here:http://picasaweb.google.com/rickgrx/GuitarBuild)
:rock-on:

Nice man!

And you seriously have the EXACT same two cats I have...  The only difference being that my white cat is fat  :laughing7:

Wow.  That G4 is gonna come out lovely
How are you intending to finish it?

I agree with Nonsense,  what neck you looking at?

Tell us more, 

Aw, that is just sooooo nice! *addedtotheevergrowingwishlist*

...and walnut, why didn't I think of that?

what a killer project this is gonna be, I'll be watching!  :rock-on:

J.

The neck still doesn't exist, I'm pretty sure it's going to be wenge+ziricote; kinda wanted a showcase neck too but looks like the 2+2 angled section is dwindling, and the only one I kinda like is a J neck, which might look odd with the non-Fender body.

oh yeah, pics are up in Progress section...

There was a full rosewood Warmoth 2+2 headstock, should sound good!
If you go for Wenge+ Ziricote, please, ask for a Ziricote veneer in the headstock too!

That is an amazing piece!

Beautiful grain, and you can already see the figuring. Imagine when you get a finish on that badboy!

Nice grab!

SkuttleFunk said:
:eek:

that body is just screaming

"PAINT ME GLOSS BLACK!!!!!"

:icon_biggrin:

all the best,

R

Actually, I was leaning more towards Krylon "chalkboard" flat black, that way I can write the set list right on the bass so I won't forget it  :glasses10:

Oh sure, you just had to rub it in my face........ :sad1:

I was eyeballing that for awhile hoping nobody would see it b4 I could get it....U suck..This is the way I envisioned it to be....

Back