Flame LPS - Finished

nexrex

OK, heres my first ever build. Sorry if the pics are a little sparse. I'll try yo get some better photos in the next few days.

Man, that's a sweet guitar. LP Special Deluxe.

On the headstock, is than an inlay, sticker, or what?

Spec are as follows:

Warmoth mahogany body and neck
Yellow dyed Flame Maple top, with black back and slight overburst.
Seymour Duncan hum cancelling P-90 pickups, with standard LP controls.

Beautiful tone, and I think a real "eye catcher.

its a fake inlay sticker, I have since removed it, as it looked to much like the PRS eagle.

Sweetest axe I ever played. The all mahogany neck and body,and twangy sound of the Duncan P-90's is pure blues. Combined with my tiny terror amp/cab, it melts my soul. lol
:guitarplayer2:

Looks very nice. The extra inlay/sticker fits great.
I'd go with speed knobs, but I think everything looks better with 'em.

Thanks guys, I guess I was going for a true vintage look, mixed with  deluxe features. I did think about speed knobs, but I found the classic Gibson style I have used to also be very nice.

How did I miss this one? Great looking guitar.  :icon_thumright:

Love it! Way to make an entrance. Classy, retro yet a bit unique too.  :icon_thumright:

I know this is a necropost, but I've been craving an LPS and decided to take a look through the thread devoted to them. You built one sweet-looking axe. I'd love to hear some sound samples if you'd care to share them; I'm thinking of building a P90 equipped guitar.

Since the Pao Ferro / Ebony neck I was watching for a P90 Strat build got snatched up, I've been thinking of other body options, like the LPS. Looks like you went the flat top route? I don't blame you; those carved tops are seriously expensive!

reluctant-builder said:
I know this is a necropost, but I've been craving an LPS and decided to take a look through the thread devoted to them. You built one sweet-looking axe. I'd love to hear some sound samples if you'd care to share them; I'm thinking of building a P90 equipped guitar.

Since the Pao Ferro / Ebony neck I was watching for a P90 Strat build got snatched up, I've been thinking of other body options, like the LPS. Looks like you went the flat top route? I don't blame you; those carved tops are seriously expensive!

Hey reluctant-builder. I would love to post some up for you. Unfortunately, I don't really have access to a decent PC, or recording software. I am away from home for the next month, and won't be able to record anything until early November.

Back