Flame Koa

Mugician

Wow.

I've never really been a fan of fancy, highly figured wood. All the Warmoth guitars I've designed (I have yet to actually buy one) have been super super simple guitars, with only the most necessary, base level parts. For example, all the guitars I design have ebony fret boards because I love ebony. But I only use Jet Black. Not Maccassar, nor Ziricote (for it's similarities). It's not that I don't like the stuff, but there's something about a bare bones guitar that really gets me going.

But this, this blows me away:
ps3747A.jpg

Ohhh yaaaa. this is sick. this would look so sweet with a Wenge neck and Ziricote board. gold hardware and lace sensors.

give me give me.

slashgnr88 said:
Ohhh yaaaa. this is sick. this would look so sweet with a Wenge neck and Ziricote board. gold hardware and lace sensors.

give me give me.
Soooooo, soooo true, that would be a fantabulous combo. But the pearloid PG would have to go, I'd go with black PG..... :laughing7:

Wish I had the money.

I'm having an unusual amount of difficulty imagining hardware and stuff, but I was thinking parchment pickguard, black knobs/pickup covers, nickel hardware, and a flame maple (to go with the koa) neck with maccassar ebony or even ziricote for the fingerboard. Something about that piece of wood inspires me to go all out on the fancy stuff...

But now that you mention it, a black pickguard would be interesting... It's a shame I can't grab this... just have to wait for a prettier one to come along  :icon_biggrin:

This started out as a koa board I bought in Hawaii . . . the guitar is not finished, but the body is cut, sanded, and finished in nitro lacquer (thanks Tonar).

Back