First Warmoth Strat

lipbeats

Hello...new to the forums.

This is my first warmoth guitar.
It's currently in the shop having the last couple of changes, but this is how she is as of yesterday:

Black Korina body with tung oil finish
Rosewood neck and fretboard - 1 11/16th nut width with LSR roller nut  and rolling string trees
Ibanez Wizard profile - 6130 fretwire - Grover Locking tuners
Rosewood pickguard / tunning keys / 5-way switch tip / knobs / back covers
1 black korina knob with rosewood strip/vaneer (piezo volume)
LR Baggs piezo bridge going to a graphtech ghost preamp. The bridge is in the shop to get changed to a super-vee bladerunner with graphtech ghost saddles. I had to pay twice the price for a super-vee with holes drilled in to hide the piezo wires. It's the first one built by super-vee with holes in it. I'll post pics once its installed.
Limited edition Lace Alumitone Dragon humbuckers for the bridge and middle.
2 Lace alumitone single coil pickups side-by-side for the neck.
One volume for the bridge pickup, which is also a push/push to activate a EMG-PA2 booster on and off.
1 volume for the middle. And a stacked/concentric knob for the two single coil pickups.
1 tone knob that is push/push to turn on the bridge and neck (telecaster mode) when the 5-way is in the bridge position. Next position up, it turns on all pickups.
1 piezo volume knob which is push/pull for 2 tones on the graphtech ghost piezo. 3 way switch for mag/piezo/both
2 recessed switches near the pickups for split-coil of the two humbuckers. 3 recessed switches near the volume/tone knobs for phase reverse of the bridge, middle and the inner single coil.
The black button is a momentary off kill switch (buckethead switch)
The little tiny LED light is a tuner. "the z-tuner" by Atlantic Quality Design.
Diablo Tunning Silent trem springs
Tremolo Black Box tremolo stabilizer from floyd rose upgrades.
In the shop to add a tremol-no

Way too complicated switch board to my taste. :)

But apart from that it is a killer looking guitar!  :icon_thumright:

Beautiful guitar! But...

gruber.jpg

Beautiful guitar, it look like you have put a lot of work into that.  Are the switches just normal mini switches that have been spaced out with washers? If so good idea, it would not look anywhere near as clean if they were just sticking out

I'm glad to hear it's getting a proper trem.  The 6 point looks a bit funny with all the other fancy hardware.

KrisRichmond said:
Beautiful guitar, it look like you have put a lot of work into that.  Are the switches just normal mini switches that have been spaced out with washers? If so good idea, it would not look anywhere near as clean if they were just sticking out

Agreed, those recessed mini switches look fantastic. If you have one, I'd love to see a picture of the underside of the pickguard and how the switches are recessed  :kewlpics:

Me too. In the few instances where I do want an extra switch on the guitar, I think the recessed mini toggles are the most elegant solution. Easier to use than push/pulls and visually unobtrusive.

I imagine it could get pretty complicated to use, but this is obviously a cool guitar. Rosewood pickguards (and knobs) are always stylish! Smart choice in pickups also, as weight would probably have been an issue otherwise.

Sometimes, I wish I had a raw black korina bodied guitar... :laughing7: There's time for that.

mero said:
KrisRichmond said:

Agreed, those recessed mini switches look fantastic. If you have one, I'd love to see a picture of the underside of the pickguard and how the switches are recessed  :kewlpics:
+1 on that underside photo request. Great engineering to get all that circuitry under the pickguard & make it look as clean as you have achieved.  :icon_thumright:

lipbeats said:
Hello...new to the forums.

This is my first warmoth guitar.
It's currently in the shop having the last couple of changes, but this is how she is as of yesterday:

Black Korina body with tung oil finish
Rosewood neck and fretboard - 1 11/16th nut width with LSR roller nut  and rolling string trees
Ibanez Wizard profile - 6130 fretwire - Grover Locking tuners
Rosewood pickguard / tunning keys / 5-way switch tip / knobs / back covers
1 black korina knob with rosewood strip/vaneer (piezo volume)
LR Baggs piezo bridge going to a graphtech ghost preamp. The bridge is in the shop to get changed to a super-vee bladerunner with graphtech ghost saddles. I had to pay twice the price for a super-vee with holes drilled in to hide the piezo wires. It's the first one built by super-vee with holes in it. I'll post pics once its installed.
Limited edition Lace Alumitone Dragon humbuckers for the bridge and middle.
2 Lace alumitone single coil pickups side-by-side for the neck.
One volume for the bridge pickup, which is also a push/push to activate a EMG-PA2 booster on and off.
1 volume for the middle. And a stacked/concentric knob for the two single coil pickups.
1 tone knob that is push/push to turn on the bridge and neck (telecaster mode) when the 5-way is in the bridge position. Next position up, it turns on all pickups.
1 piezo volume knob which is push/pull for 2 tones on the graphtech ghost piezo. 3 way switch for mag/piezo/both
2 recessed switches near the pickups for split-coil of the two humbuckers. 3 recessed switches near the volume/tone knobs for phase reverse of the bridge, middle and the inner single coil.
The black button is a momentary off kill switch (buckethead switch)
The little tiny LED light is a tuner. "the z-tuner" by Atlantic Quality Design.
Diablo Tunning Silent trem springs
Tremolo Black Box tremolo stabilizer from floyd rose upgrades.
In the shop to add a tremol-no

neds more switches...just kidding....might be the first wizard 6130 fret combo in the world...and I'm serious about that...

sorry...don't have any pics of under the pickguard...next string change i may try to snap one.
I had the guitar tech take a piece of sheet metal, and then form an "s" style bracket out of it.
He then put holes in it so that the screws that adjust pickup height actually hold that bracket. then there are holes that hold the two slit-coil switches.
Did the same for the phase reverse switches near the knobs, but held the bracket with the pots.

They are tiny mini switches, and only peak out of the pickguard just enough to get a grip on it with a finger tip.

Hey, l see that you took your guitar to a shop to do the BladeRunner type of bridge-?? I'm very interested to do this for my custom as well- l bought a Fishman Powerbridge for this project but l'd really really like to modify the bridge if possible, as well...!
What shop or where did you go to do this? It came out perfect, is it working and it has the same result as an original BladeRunner, dives push and pulls and everything stays in tune?
Please help me out brother- l need any suggestions before starting to cut out the bridge for the mod.-- or dye trying....- thank you.

Very cool.  I like the multiple switches, and the like.  As long as you know what they all do.  :icon_thumright:  Great work!

Hi - is this considered a standard grade black korina body or is this an upgrade body?

thanks

Back