First Warmoth. Rosewood top Jazzmaster

Camer138

I love the way the body turned out. I was worried about the rosewood being too bright but its nice and dark and stripey.. I might not even need to oil finish it.. Undecided.

The vintage pearl pickguard however I am not too thrilled about.. It has almost a shade of pink to it and not quite beige enough.. Matched up a lot better in the builder, but maybe it will look better if I oil finish the guitar. :icon_scratch:

The neck is still on the way I guess.. Do these parts normally ship separately?  It will be roasted maple with a rosewood board

Attachments

• IMG-20160114-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20160114-WA0004.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 440
  • IMG-20160114-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20160114-WA0002.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 416
That body looks killer! I see what you mean with the pickguard. I don't know why but it seems like I'm always unhappy with the first pickguard I get/have on any guitar I've had. Looking forward to seeing the end result of this one!

That is a beaut. I look forward to following your build. And live the guard a few days before making a decision. With a bit of distance and the neck to try with it, you may feel differently. (Personally, I love a pearloid pg.)

You say you're thinking about not finishing it...? (Or if you do, it'll be a tru oil finish?)

VERY pretty! They really nailed the book match job on that one.

Yeah, I'm also surprised at the pinkish tint on the Vintage Pearl. After looking at the builder, I would have expected more beige too.

It also may be the lighting in my house making it look pinkish.. I'll try and see what it looks like under direct light.

My tech will be doing a tung oil finish on the guitar.. but I might just have him do the back and sides because I really love the top the way it is. Besides, I have heard tung oiling rosewood can be quite tedious.

I do wish I got either the white pearl or just a plain black pick-guard.. but then I feel those would clash even more with my aged white pickup covers, sigh.

Here is a pic in different lighting. Much happier now :) sorry for the bad quality pics though

Attachments

• IMG_20160114_132542.jpg
    IMG_20160114_132542.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 367
That Rosewood body looks really good. My body and neck shipped separately because I ordered them separately,but they also pack them in different ways to optimize protection. The neck comes in a special triangular tube.

The neck arrived 3 days later. Should be built by Wednesday or so.. I'll have a ngd thread when it's done. The black MOP inlays on rosewood turned out great and the baked maple feels like heaven

Back