First Warmoth build. Body Route problems

twitchylizard

I am a new person on the forum and bought a chambered telecaster body with a flame maple top in Washed Blue Dye finish. I am having trouble threading the neck pickup through the routing job. Does anyone else have this problem? Are there any ways to get it through easier? Thank You

It really shouldn't be hard to get fed through there... I've built 3 Warmoths now, and other than the one time they didn't route for the wiring AT ALL ( :doh: ), it's never been an issue for me.  :dontknow:

It's 4:00am here in Japan, I just woke up and was checking messages. I deleted my previous reply because I totally read it with "fog brain". Ok, take a piece of small wire and feed it through the route. Take your pup wires and attach them to that wire somehow, braiding, tape, whatever, then pull them through. Good luck!!
MULLY

I figured this would be the way to go. The wires are just getting kinked within the route. Thanks for the reply

Long pipe cleaners are always nice to have on hand. You could use the solder wire too.
MULLY

twitchylizard said:
I got it fed through with some fishing line. Thanks for all the help Mully.

Ahhh, nice, I didn't even think about fishing line. That's even better. Glad you got them through!
MULLY

Yeah thats all I had so i figured id try it. It pulled through extremely well. However the pickup i put in is a texas special neck pup and the screws are too long. I'm not extremely experienced with drilling the pups into the body so I might cut the screws down. The pickguard just doesnt lay flat on the body. Within two weeks I should have the body loaded so all I'll need to do is order a neck. Should be pretty cool and I hope to post pictures even though I dont own a camera.

I had an issue with my last W body that involved a chunk of wood being lodged in the wiring channel.  It was too deep to easily get at with regular drill bit, so I ended up knocking it out with all sorts of pointy and blunt objects.  I wasn't pleased, but it was just one more thing with that nightmare order.

So yeah, sometimes stuff happens, haha.

-Mark

Back