FINISHED: Super-Über Washed Black Dye LP

S

SlartiBartfast

Well, she's all done! I'm totally in love with this guitar  :toothy10:

Here are the specs again, in case you missed my earlier threads:

Chambered Black Korina LP Body (Clear Gloss finish)
Double-Laminate Flame Maple top (Washed Black Dye finish)
Countoured Heel
Chrome Tune-O-Matic/Chrome Stop Tailpiece
7/8" Output Jack
Ivoroid Body Binding

LP headstock with matching peghead veneer
Construction: Warmoth Pro Angled
Shaft Wood: Mahogany (Satin Nitro finish feels nice and raw)
Indian Rosewood (Dark) Fingerboard
1 11/16" Nut Width
Back Contour: Fatback (and boy is she fat! Baby's Got Back fo' sho')
SS6150 Stainless Frets (22 Frets)
Sperzel Locking Tuners (Satin Nickel finish)
10-16" Compound Radius 
No Inlay, Side Dots Only
GraphTech Black TUSQ XL Nut
25-1/2" Scale 

Black Barrel knobs
Black Schaller straplocks
Cream mounting rings
Chrome Dimarzio pickups (Air Norton in the neck and Air Zone in the bridge)

And now, here's what you actually care about: the pics!

Edit2 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

Edit1 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

Edit3 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_2173 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_2169 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_2167 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_2164 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_2160 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_2161 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

A special thanks to Doug "DangerousR6" for the custom neckplate! It's the Czech coat of arms with my weird-ass Czech last name below it. I love how it turned out.

_MG_2156 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_2153 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

Looks amazing! Probably my favorite LP on the board. Which makes me a little sad since I own one too :icon_biggrin:

daaaammmnnn.jpg

Is this the one you wished was darker? Gawd dayyyuuum!!! This thing is AWESOME!!! Great pics too. Man, enter this is in GOTM sometime. Fantastic!!! I love the top and I REALLY love the sides. Oh my God this thing is bad ass!!!
MULLY

Great stuff Joe  :icon_thumright:

That clear BK with the Black flame looks amazing  :eek:

I was one of those doing this ( :icon_scratch:  :icon_scratch: )  when you, at 1st weren't happy with the colour.
You should be very happy with that beauty.

If I was (which I'm not) going to build a LP, that's just how I would want mine.
Also your Bass is just how I would want a Bass (if I was gunna build one of those too)

You sir .... Have great taste  :eek:ccasion14:

Thanks everybody! I'll be entering this in a future GOM contest for sure. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, even if I had my heart set on a much darker finish.

It's got such a fat, warm sound. The fatback neck is interesting to play and surprisingly comfortable. It does feel awfully strange going from that to my thin neck Strat, though... Two guitars with very distinct characteristics is what I was going for, and what I got! Now that I have my Strat, LP, and fretless J-Bass, I have to resist the temptation to keep building more and more. It really is an addiction, and I've got to keep myself in check and make sure I play the ones I actually HAVE enough before I can justify any more builds.

You know, I'm not even a fan of LP's and this is making me think that I should grab one of those bodies before they're gone. Unfortunately I just bought a Strat body, a neck, and this past weekend I grabbed a Musiclander body.....which I haven't received any mail on so far.....Warmoth??
MULLY

I'm more of a black hardware kinda guy but the chrome looks amazing!!! I'm loving the black korina too! A one in a million guitar that's for sure!

Thanks again, everyone. This is a really special guitar, and I'm so glad I pulled the trigger when I did.

How are you liking those DiMarzio Air pickups?  I'm keen on lower-output HBs, and they seem worth checking out...

My guess is you won't hear back from SlartiBartfast, whose username now has a status of "guest," suggesting he's disabled his account.

Back