Finally I have mine...a Mockingbird with Strat Config

joems

:headbang:

I just couldnt get my hands off of this baby!

I call it my Mocking-Strat! LOL!

Beautifull!!! It's a Mahogany or Koa body?? Which pickup is in the bridge??
Congratulations! :eek:ccasion14:

Mahogany body, x2n bridge, Invader on the middle and Full shred on the neck. Coil taps on the bridge and neck only.

That looks like a satin finish on the Mahogany - it looks really nice. Great striping in that Mahogany grain. I dig the inlays in the neck too. I have a neck with those as well.

Thanks for the great comments guys! I'm changing the x2n to Dan Torres Pick up (Rock) since it's too muddy to combine the x2n with mahogany. you can see his works on torresengineering.com!

Im not much of a BC Rich fan but I really like the mockingbird and i always wanted to try a Bich10.

I freakin LOVE your mockingbird thats awesome man.  How is the TOM/STP on a flat top?  I played an Eppi SG once with it and the strings were way to far off the surface of the body and the pickups were towering out of it to get close enough to the strings.  Any problems like that here?

Wow, great axe man.

What is that body finish? I'd love to be able to do that on my project.

Have you thought about a Bill Lawrence L500XL for the bridge? Those pickups have treble to burn, especially if you put in a switch to go from series to parallel - Paul Gilbert wires all his HBs in parallel, it's a little less output but it gives you back some treble and it's still bucking the hum. If the X2N has four wires you could even just try that.

Nice work! What finish is that? Did u stain the mahogany first? Thats just what I'am looking for in a finish!!!!

Very metal.  I agree about the x2n and mahogany.  I tried one in my Les Paul and it came right back out.  Goes better with a brighter wood.  Consider a DiMarzio Norton for the bridge on that bad boy.  Once again, very nice.

Does Warmoth make BC Rich style bodies or is this your own sculpture?

:kewlpics:

:party07:

DocNrock said:
... Does Warmoth make BC Rich style bodies or is this your own sculpture?
They used to... If you click here http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies/radical.cfm?fuseaction=zbody you will read on the top Mockinbird & Warlcok but where are they? :help:

Kostas said:
DocNrock said:
... Does Warmoth make BC Rich style bodies or is this your own sculpture?
They used to... If you click here http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies/radical.cfm?fuseaction=zbody you will read on the top Mockinbird & Warlcok but where are they? :help:

Yeah, I've noticed that.

Now after seeing that guitar I'm going to spend every spare moment of my life looking for a body with grain like that... starting now.

Back