Finally got around to painting/finishing out the guitar room..

War_in_D

...and a little bit of Warmoth content.  We bought the house last September, and I claimed this area in the basement as my own!!  LOL  Got around to painting it last weekend and installed some guitar wall stands (God, please don't let them fail).  My wife got me the Randy Rhoads print at Christmas and I went out and got a frame for it and hung it in it's rightful place.  Still got a couple of guitar themed paintings my wife has done for me to hang up, but overall it's pretty much finished.   

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_161047921.jpg
    IMG_20200205_161047921.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20200205_161128642.jpg
    IMG_20200205_161128642.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20200205_161151150.jpg
    IMG_20200205_161151150.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 191
Mmmm... nice! Fresh nesting space, just begging for an impenetrable mess... :icon_biggrin:

-VB- said:
Nice space and nice collection! What kind of pickups are those in the one on the far right?

Yes, TBurst Std is correct... They are Carvin 22's.

Thanks for the kind words.. Much appreciated.

Nice.
I wish I had more of a dedicated place for music stuff. I have things spread in a couple different rooms.

My son is 15, maybe in a couple years my guitars can have his room.

That's a really nice space. Comfortable. Open. I look forward to someday having something similar.

When the kid's leave it's so nice to get your own room.  Eventually, we'll have to downsize, but right now I'm enjoying it.

As to the basement, man, that is so neat.  Like in tidy, mine is great heaps of boxes, and highly disorganized.  I guess it's time for a cleaning.

Thanks again!  Yes, this will be my first truly dedicated space.. much like many of you, they have always shared a room with other stuff.  It's nice to have the guitars accessible as well since prior to this they spent most of their time in the case and I had to dig one out if I wanted to play it.

Appreciate it!

Thanks again..  I've owned several Carvins over the years, but only recently got into the CT's.  My path to them meandered through my "love/hate" relationship with Les Pauls (due to my "roundness", for lack of a better word.  Guitars without tummy cuts tend to stick out on me.. lol) and went through several LP's and LPC's but always parted with them.  I wanted that mahogany/maple, dual hum, ebony board, block inlay thing, but just couldn't deal with the weight and inconsistency of the neck profiles of the LP in general.  That brought me to buy my first PRS.. and I was in love!  The PRS had a lot in common with the LP in the materials used, pickup layout, etc.. but shed a lot of the weight and just fit me better.  I owned several, and never got a bad one.  Some were better than others, but overall I wasn't scared to buy one online because I was relatively sure it would be a good one when it got to me. Unlike many of the LP's I've had.  I ended up selling them, as guitar players do to fund other things.. and when I started wanting to buy another PRS (this time with a Floyd Rose), I was in shock at what they were running cost-wise!  A new one was out of the question, and even the used market was $2-3K plus!  Not to mention I'm not a huge fan of 24 fret guitars, and so many of the Floyd equipped PRS were 24 fret. So, I took notice of the Carvin CT's. The first one I bought was the CT4 (the plain top with Floyd all the way on the right in the pic), and I've never looked back.  These CT's are PRS killers in every way, in my opinion.  The only bad thing about them is that Carvin's don't really hold their resale value that well.. Which is a shame, because the quality of these guitars is superb. Of course, that can be a good thing when it comes to buying them.  You just have to either buy them really right, or be prepared to hang on to them.           

Back