Finally Finished

ocguy106

Latest guitar build. Built the body from scratch and used warmoth neck. Covered with the funkiest fabric I could find and cleared over it. I think this is my favorite one so far. I can post more pics later as this is the only decent one

Attachments

• 20181223_135826.jpg
    20181223_135826.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 348
The fabric is just glued on with titebond. Clear coat is SimTec Sealer. Once glue dries and you put the sealer on it has a fiberglass like texture and you can sand cut or route just as you would regular wood.

Ken

Most excellent! Reminds me of my misspent youth, at least what I can remember of it..... :headbang:

I like how the toggle selector is perfectly centered in the flower. No way that was a "happy accident". Surely that's where you started from, and then worked out from there?  :icon_smile: Although, now that I look at it again, that other flower is nicely positioned/centered by the bridge.

What sort of demonry is afoot?!  :icon_tongue:

pscates said:
I like how the toggle selector is perfectly centered in the flower. No way that was a "happy accident". Surely that's where you started from, and then worked out from there?  :icon_smile: Although, now that I look at it again, that other flower is nicely positioned/centered by the bridge.

What sort of demonry is afoot?!  :icon_tongue:

I most definitely started with the flower in the upper bout....the one below the bridge that was just a very lucky accident. I did however cheat the bridge as far up as I could in order to reveal that flower and still maintain intonation.

That's great! Beautiful job.

It reminds me of an afternoon back in the late 60's when a friend and I got well-primed and painted his Model A... :icon_biggrin:

Hey! I found the body in the background here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZzjcOcB-ys

Is that you in the video?

Kublai said:
Hey! I found the body in the background here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZzjcOcB-ys

Is that you in the video?

that is my guitar yes but that isn't me. Matt is someone I follow on YouTube and support on Patreon. I made the body and bought the neck. I sent the body off to Matt and had him do the fabric top. once he was done he sent it back and I did the final build and set up. if anyone is interested in his services hit him up he is very reasonable with pricing.

Back