Fenders new High Mass Trem ?

1jimbo

I want to use the new Fender High Mass Trem and S-1 switches in my new Warmoth strat. Anyone know where I can find them ? Fender shops wont sell them for obvious reasons.

what is the high mass trem? the S1 switch, well, I wish they were to be sold seperatly! that knob/pot is the best thing I've come across in many years, regarding wiringstuff of guitars.

Orpheo said:
what is the high mass trem? the S1 switch, well, I wish they were to be sold seperatly! that knob/pot is the best thing I've come across in many years, regarding wiringstuff of guitars.

Any Fender parts will be sold separately on ebay... the problem is I just got no idea how to wire a pickup to work with the S1. I always thought the S1 was designed for their noiseless pickup and they are wired more like a humbucker than any single coil (the SCN pickup has 3 leads)

1jimbo said:
Just got my new 08' high mass bridge in and that dang thing is HEAVY !

Wouldn't you be pissed if it wasn't heavy? I mean, I know mass and weight are technically not the same thing, but you were planning on staying on the planet earth right?

Nope, I plan on leaving the planet next week.  I guess I can rephrase my statement for the special ones. I didnt expect the new high mass bridge to AS heavy as it is. Better ?

I wonder what it would be like to play a guitar in space? I wonder if any astronaut has been allowed to bring one of those Martin backpackers or a travel electric. I guess in the pressurized cabin it might not be that different, but could you imagine the sustain you'd get in a vacuum with no friction to slow the strings down?

callaway said:
I wonder what it would be like to play a guitar in space? I wonder if any astronaut has been allowed to bring one of those Martin backpackers or a travel electric. I guess in the pressurized cabin it might not be that different, but could you imagine the sustain you'd get in a vacuum with no friction to slow the strings down?

one did i remember seeing it in science class in was a folding mini electric i belive

n1p-008-low.jpg

That is the coolest picture of an astronaut ever. That guy is so butch!

Back