Fender style pickguards

TexxasJam

A couple of questions about Fender style pickguards:

1)  Do Warmoth guitars bodies come pre-drilled with screw holes for the pickguard?

2)  Are all Fender style pickguards created equal?  By that I mean are they one size fits all (regardless of manufacturer)?

Warmoth does not offer the color of pickguard I want. All Parts does make the one I want and I was wondering if it would fit a Warmoth body without having to redrill new holes.

I realize that Warmoth and All Parts are in the business of "Replacement parts" and therefore their pickguards should fit all guitar bodies built on the Fender model. One would think anyway.  :dontknow:

Thanks in advance for any and all help.  :guitarplayer2:

1) No.

2) Some strat pickguards have 8 holes - most have 11. The 8 hole ones are for old strats, like from '57. There's also and 11 hole one that has different spacing for the screws. Not sure about the rest of the question but I would think if you got an allparts one before you drilled any holes you'd be alright.

TJ asks about "Fender" guards and everyones answers are about "Strats"  :laughing7:
What are you building TJ ? If it's a strat, tele, p bass or j bass with a Warmoth body you should be OK with an Allparts guard (you will be drilling the holes in the body)
If it's a jazzmaster body I'd stick with a Warmoth guard (read the disclaimer on the website re. retro-fitting their pickguard)
What's the color you want?

willyk said:
TJ asks about "Fender" guards and everyones answers are about "Strats"  :laughing7:
What are you building TJ ? If it's a strat, tele, p bass or j bass with a Warmoth body you should be OK with an Allparts guard (you will be drilling the holes in the body)
If it's a jazzmaster body I'd stick with a Warmoth guard (read the disclaimer on the website re. retro-fitting their pickguard)
What's the color you want?

It would probably help if I said what I was wanting to build, wouldn't it.  :doh:  I am wanting to build a P-Bass. 

OK.. Warmoth P bass body will match the Allparts guard. The body isn't drilled for screw holes so matching patterns is a non issue. :icon_thumright:

willyk said:
OK.. Warmoth P bass body will match the Allparts guard. The body isn't drilled for screw holes so matching patterns is a non issue. :icon_thumright:

Between the neck pocket and the pickup, there's your jig.  Other than a steady hand, those will line up where your holes go.

Back