Fender Jazz 24

krsbigkahuna

Can Warmoth make me a neck to fit my bass? My neck doesn't look like any of the three pictures that are in the 20/21/24 section.
Thanks,  :headbang1:
Big Kahuna

Does the Fender 24 fret Jazz bass have a fretboard extention on it?
I am not familiar with the bass, but i am assuming that they made it so that the neck is a full 24 fret design rather than a standard design with an extension the way Warmoth does it.
If that is the case, Warmoth probably can't help you,

unless Warmoth is rolling something out in the near future (or I've simply missed their offering this), you won't find a 24-fret J-bass neck here to match this body configuration

558017.jpg

from what I can see in this image, it appears Fender shifted the bridge inwards to accommodate the added fretboard length. I guess it saves $$$ from redesigning the entire lower cutaway to accommodate the neck with a traditional bridge location

all the best,

R

SkuttleFunk said:
unless Warmoth is rolling something out in the near future (or I've simply missed their offering this), you won't find a 24-fret J-bass neck here to match this body configuration

558017.jpg

from what I can see in this image, it appears Fender shifted the bridge inwards to accommodate the added fretboard length. I guess it saves $$$ from redesigning the entire lower cutaway to accommodate the neck with a traditional bridge location

all the best,

R

The thought of a "regular" Jazz bass with an extended cutaway for 24 frets makes me horny as hell, but if you extended the cutaway, it would change the shape of the bass too much and it would not look right.
Like you said, they made the neck longer and shifted the bridge up to compensate. This sounds like the best solution to me, as the bridge location is a very unobtrusive change.
I doubt that it has anything to do with pinching pennies, though is is quite a cost effective solution.

The only problem with necks like this is that personally, when i play a 24 fret neck, i get lost on the upper frets near the heel, because i am expecting them to be lower down.
I guess this is just a matter of adjusting your technique.

In either case though, unfortunately you are out of luck as far a Warmoth neck goes. :sad1:

I guess, I'll just have to keep an eye out for a neck on epay or craigslist. 
Again Thanks,  :headbang1:
Big Kahuna

krsbigkahuna said:
I guess, I'll just have to keep an eye out for a neck on epay or craigslist. 
Again Thanks,  :headbang1:
Big Kahuna
Hey, man. Are you planning on modding a bass you already have with a 24-fret neck?

No I want to replace my neck on my bass. I would like an ebony neck and a pau ferro fretless board. Warmoth can't do it so maybe U.S.A. Custom Guitars can.  :headbang1:
krsbigkahuna

I think W might be able to help, even if it's not listed on the site. Try calling tomorrow, they've got great service :icon_thumright:

krsbigkahuna said:
No I want to replace my neck on my bass. I would like an ebony neck and a pau ferro fretless board.

I am sorry that Warmoth can't help you, but a HUGE +1 to fretless Pau Ferro boards!
:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:
3314062997_fa684a21e8.jpg

Back