Fell asleep... Daltry and Clapton.... terrrible

=CB= said:
Nah... its the free market at work.

Why do they play at large venues?  Because the tickets sell.  We were a packed house... maybe 85-90 percent sold out.   The place holds up to 21,000 but usually is set up for more like 15,000.  So... do the math.   Average ticket price at $100.  Thats $1,500,000.   Take half out for promoters.  There are venue charges on top of ticket prices ($10 courtesy fee, $5 stadium fee).   So thats $750k split two ways or maybe not, but lets say 50/50.   Now we're talking $375k minus crew and logistical expenses.  Take $25k out for that... no make it outrageous $50k.  Thats still over $300k.  Take out taxes and local fees... for security and such.   Still over $300k, but lets say $300k.   Hey but it was only 80 percent... so maybe $240k range.  With numbers like those, even with big fudge factors, we're talkin a whole boatload of bling-bling.   So its probably a 20 to 25 show tour, in top cities... lets whack it back again.. average $200k per show.  Times 20...$4mil.   Out of that, Uncle Sam takes 40 percent.  So we got $2.2mil or so.   Now lets look at the time - two hour shows.   Take your $2.2mil divided by 20x2hous.... something like $55,000 per hour.  Maybe get a blister on their little finger....maybe get a blister on their thumb.....

When they cant pull in the numbers any more, then they'll scale back to reduce costs, but as long as folks pay, they'll play.

Oh, I agree with all the maths =CB=, very attractive odds, but they obviously couldn't care if they made a goose of themselves in front of thousands and ruined their reputation in the process... I would've expected guys like Daltrey and Clapton to have some pride in what they do & look at what they've mad ein moeny terms and now, in their 60s, assess that they didn't have to work the bigger places anymore, and just do a few shows a year.. Mind you, if the mini tour could buy you that brand new Ferrari without having to dip into your royalties 'pension' fund, then I guess they'd be game to tread the boards one more time.

Sounds like you had the seats we had for AC/DC. Pissed me off to no end too because I paid the second tier pricing for A tickets. We were up on the 4th frickin' floor looking straight down on the stage. Yeah, we were close to the stage.....but about 200 feet above it. I told my wife that it felt like we were watching people watching a good concert. God love AC/DC they kicked ass, I just wish I could have been down in the crowd to enjoy the whole experience.
MULLY

Must have been the crappy seats and the big screen. This is a pre-show shot, of the show you saw....

w15.jpg

He doesn't look that out of shape to me. Have you ever seen EC before? His shows are pretty boring, man. Always have been. Only show of his I liked was the 2001 LA show that's out on DVD.
MULLY

stubhead said:
Was Steve Winwood there too? Cause that's who's in the picture....

EC is touring with him right now. If you ask me, Winwood looks like a young Hugh Hefner.
MULLY

mullyman said:
Must have been the crappy seats and the big screen. This is a pre-show shot, of the show you saw....

w15.jpg

Sorry, maybe you think its the show I saw, but the MAN I saw, had very long, very grey hair down to his shoulders, and was a good deal heavier then the man in that picture.

=CB= said:
mullyman said:

w15.jpg

Sorry, maybe you think its the show I saw, but the MAN I saw, had very long, very grey hair down to his shoulders, and was a good deal heavier then the man in that picture.
Well...

I'm going to say Eric Clapton died, and the one you saw is impersonating him. Paul McCartney is wanted for questioning.

=CB= said:
mullyman said:

w15.jpg

It's not that I think it's the show you saw, the EC website says that these are the new pics from that show.
MULLY

Max said:
=CB= said:
mullyman said:

w15.jpg

Well...

I'm going to say Eric Clapton died, and the one you saw is impersonating him. Paul McCartney is wanted for questioning.

Max, everybody knows Paul is dead. Miss him, miss him.

The person impersonating Paul McCartney impersonating Eric Clapton is wanted for questioning  :toothy12:

Steiger said:
Max said:
=CB= said:
mullyman said:

w15.jpg

Well...

Max, everybody knows Paul is dead. Miss him, miss him.

The person impersonating Paul McCartney impersonating Eric Clapton is wanted for questioning  :toothy12:

Blame Billy Shears!  :laughing7:

Back