Favorite Alternative Telecaster Headstock

Cactus Jack

I have a new Tele body in route and need to pickup a neck. I have a few Teles and was thinking about going with a non-traditional headstock on this one. Vortex may be nice, the Arrow has me intrigued...don't know. I'm going to start searching through pictures, but thought I'd see what folks here think. Let me know what you like, and feel free to post links for pics if you have specific examples.

I've always liked the "Warhead" shape on a Tele. Similar to a traditional Fender 6 in-line shape, but more "modern" maybe?

As an alternative to the traditional Tele headstock, I rather like the big CBS Strat....

GOM%20Round%202A.jpeg

Frankly, any of the inline headstocks will work nicely with a Tele. These days I cut my own but if I were to choose one of the Warmoth offerings, I'd probably go with either the Warhead or the Snakehead (not inline, I know, but 100% original Fender Tele, although it wasn't called that at the time).

restricted

Without knowing color, wood, pickups etc ... I go with Mayfly, anything looks good on a tele.

Rick said:
Without knowing color, wood, pickups etc ... I go with Mayfly, anything looks good on a tele.

Picture posted above. Transparent red countoured Ash Tele. P90s and cut bridge.

That body will go with any headstock offered by Warmoth and still look good.  My top four would be reverse jazzmaster, CBS Strat, hombre or vortex.  I'd put the arrow and mooncaster at the bottom.  But since that body is so beautiful, any would work.

Good choice. VB's Tele sure can make a believer of one, can't it? :icon_thumright:

Cactus Jack said:

When it's top routed with the classic pickguard & control plate I prefer a telecaster headstock. I'd put something else in a rear routed body with different arrangement of controls like Doug's guitar.

Back