false skunk stripe

rahimiiii

On the Warmoth pro neck...

Is it possible to have a fake skunk stripe added to the back of the neck? I like how they look sometimes...

At a guess I would say not. The pro neck has a different truss rod to the vintage types and it works a different way so it would probably compromise the necks stability to insert a skunk stripe for cosmetic reasons. Gregg would be the man to verify this (or shoot me down in flames ! ) What's wrong with a vintage modern neck?

I wanted that on the pro neck that I ordered, I was told not on the pro only the vintage modern and vintage neck

rahimiiii said:
On the Warmoth pro neck...

Is it possible to have a fake skunk stripe added to the back of the neck? I like how they look sometimes...
You'd have to paint one on. Way different construction type. Removing wood on a Pro neck would change its structural reality and go pretzel on you.

If you were good....dye it on!~

I wonder if a 1/64 veneer strip would fubar integrity too badly though.  Especially on a thicker neck (boat, fatback).

Would it be possible to get a fake bust of George Washington added to the back of my neck? I like how it looks sometimes............Are you for real??...........please tell me your joking......... :tard:

Maybe I could get a fake neck pickup painted on my body and save myself 100bucks.........

BOTH!~

BTW, ever wonder why Presidents heads have gotten smaller over the years?  Grab a quarter, dime, nickel, penny....See how washington was bigger then jefferson, who was bigger than lincoln, etc etc with FDR being the most shrunken head their is.

Naturally, Susan B Anthony, being female, has the largest head on the dollar coin.

Superbeast520 said:
Maybe I could get a fake neck pickup painted on my body and save myself 100bucks.........

I got a whole jazz bass tatooed on my arm, must have saved a grand !!

Nice, maybe I'll get a presidents face tattooed on my arse...........guess where the mouth is gonna be??...... :dontknow:

OK,OK, Im sorry, I know thats kinda pushin things a bit too far...............

I like the way a skunk stripe looks too but if it's not needed to insert the truss rod I wouldn't miss it.

Rahimii     I bet you could do it if you wanted to, but like CB said, you'd really wanna very thin veneer.  Like a house of cards, one wrong move could cascade into a mess.

would coins as fret markers look too 80's?    LOL

Alfang said:
Rahimii    I bet you could do it if you wanted to, but like CB said, you'd really wanna very thin veneer.  Like a house of cards, one wrong move could cascade into a mess.

would coins as fret markers look too 80's?    LOL

I always thought if they were machined to tight tolerances, then wood integrity should not be affected because it would act like a laminate (you know alot of bass necks were made this way...) I mean they could add it in while its blank...

I really like the look of the two strips that Ibanez has been putting on the Team J Craft guitars.

iban05rg1570mrr-vai753-2.jpg

JEM7VWH4-vi.jpg

Wow that's some paintjob on the ibanez.

Those guys at Ibanez sure try to combine playability and good looks to their guitars dont they. Seems they aren't afraid to lead the industry where it needs to go.  Nice cutaways and contours with somewhat traditional lines

Back