experience with solid (black) finished neck backs?

Caisa

Hi, what are your experiences with a solid black finished neck (fretboard not finished) ?
I am afraid of scratches in the glossy black paintwork.

I have a gloss black finish on my Gibson LP, it has held up really well, after 20 years it still looks and feels good.  There is some signes of use, but it has been used :icon_biggrin:

My son has a gloss black finish on his Warmoth LP neck and it looks great and seems to be very durable.

You won't have to worry about scratches.  If you play it, your hand will buff them out.  Will it really get scratched that much!?  :dontknow:

treat guitars like fine furniture in the way you handle them and the gloss finish will hold up for decades ! I have a couple that are perfectly fine at 30+ years old !

My Schecter has a black gloss finished neck with an unfinished rosewood fretboard. 

I agree with everyone so far, I've had no issues with it.  Any minor imperfections DO generally get 'hand buffed' out with use.  Just watch out for bonehead moves and there's no worries.

well maybe James can scratch one up with his surgically inserted hardware in his hands... but unless you're got rings or bracelets on or a wristwatch or something, I don't see how the palm of your hand will make scratches -- unless you've got REALLY scratchy calluses. :tard:

Back