EVH Wofgang neck?

The wrench goes to the same place small screws and such go when you remove them and they go "sproing!!" It's a multi-dimensional place called "The Tiddlywads" where they disappear never be seen again. Similar to "The Blasted Lands" and "The Forbidden Zone", but less radioactive.

Cagey said:
....."The Tiddlywads" where they disappear never be seen again. Similar to "The Blasted Lands" and "The Forbidden Zone", but less radioactive.
I know that place, there's a portal to it under the baseboard heating in my kitchen. Started to reach in once, but something grabbed my hand and tried to drag me in. Luckily the only thing I lost was the screw!  :icon_jokercolor:

Yeah, you gotta be careful. They're especially attractive to small mechanical parts such as screws, springs, drift pins, etc. which the Gremlins that live in them use to make more complex machinery. Not sure what they're up to, but I can't imagine it's anything good.

pabloman said:
Since you already have the guitar couldn't you just measure it? :dontknow:

I can now. I didn't have the guitar yet when I started this thread. :)

With that said...

Now that I've had it in my hands, plugged into my own rig and have played it a while, I don't think I'm going touch it. This guitar is just surprisingly fantastic and I like it better every time I play it. The neck is really starting to grow on me, and I got used to it very quickly.

And the stock pickups... wow; I'm impressed. Considering that I went through about 10 different bridge pups in one of my finicky guitars, and finally ended up mixing magnets and pole pieces until I got what wanted... yeah I'm a little pup picky.  :D

Aw shucks, and there was a possibility of a Les Paul neck being transplanted onto it with hot hide glue and all.

Guess you will now have to post some pics :)

Just as well. I'm not sure that would have ended on a positive note, while this way it does.

calan said:
pabloman said:
Since you already have the guitar couldn't you just measure it? :dontknow:

I can now. I didn't have the guitar yet when I started this thread. :)

With that said...

Now that I've had it in my hands, plugged into my own rig and have played it a while, I don't think I'm going touch it. This guitar is just surprisingly fantastic and I like it better every time I play it. The neck is really starting to grow on me, and I got used to it very quickly.

And the stock pickups... wow; I'm impressed. Considering that I went through about 10 different bridge pups in one of my finicky guitars, and finally ended up mixing magnets and pole pieces until I got what wanted... yeah I'm a little pup picky.  :D

Glad you feel that way.  I have several Wolfgang Specials and agree, it is a hot set up.  the pickups are VERY hot but not muddy.  I took the D-tuna off all of mine.  I never used it and it never worked 100% perfect IMHO.

The neck does take a bit but after playing for a few minutes and feels like and old friend. 

what color did you get?

DMRACO said:
Glad you feel that way.  I have several Wolfgang Specials and agree, it is a hot set up.  the pickups are VERY hot but not muddy.  I took the D-tuna off all of mine.  I never used it and it never worked 100% perfect IMHO.

The neck does take a bit but after playing for a few minutes and feels like and old friend. 

what color did you get?

It's a MIM Wolfgang Special Stealth that I got used off Craigslist. I think it was only played twice... and looks brand new. (Still had all the protective plastic and original strings).

I won't say what I ended up paying for it, because it would just upset the Wolfgang fans. Let's just say I'm still shaking my head and smiling.  :icon_biggrin:

And now the rest of the story...

I ordered a new transparent blue WG online just before this one fell in my lap, so now I'll have two. The smart thing would be to sell one of them, and recoup enough money so that the one I keep would end up costing just a couple hundred $$.

But, since I'm not so smart when it comes to guitars (and I have chronic GAS), I'll probably lock the bridge on the Stealth with the d-tuna, and then float the bridge (and maybe do some routing) on the flat-top standard. It also has a completely different neck; more traditional/flatter profile, and a maple fretboard with non-SS jumbo frets. So I may still experiment with a neck swap on these things...we'll see.

Back