et tu, TX/BBQ

dbw

Master Member
I got my TX/BBQ pickup set yesterday for my new LP.  Problem is one of the screw holes on the bridge pup won't accept a screw.  Believe me, I tried.

So what do I do?  Try to return it?  :(  I was thinking I could just get a nut that fits the screw and drill the existing hole out... run the screw through the mounting ring, then the spring, then the drilled-out pickup, then the nut.  But it might be smarter to just get a replacement...

Yeah! Call the place that you've bought it and ask for change and how what should you do  :icon_thumright:

I'd be tempted to re tap it myself - not sure where to get a tap that small though.

I don't think I'd do the drill it out and use a nut/spring idea - it would just annoy me whenever I had to adjust it in the future.

Thanks guys.  Means I have to wait a while to play this puppy... sad day.  I'll probably take it in and get it set up while I'm waiting for replacements.

Just talked to Spike and then Rob at Warmoth.  They can exchange it but Rob suggested I try tapping it first, as that will be a whole lot easier.  If I can't tap it for some reason they'll still make the exchange.  Further bulletins as events warrant  :redflag:

Edit: success.

Back