Epi to Gold Skullet conversion

I have been "advised by a higher power" that this will be my last one for a good while. Apparently, there are other more important things I should attend to. (Orpheo take note). I was all ready to start a new unicorn and rainbow line too dammit!!

It looks like a pretty nice upgrade for these guitars it to fix the tuning stability. It needs the bridge installation to make it look more like a guitar, but I think you have to wait for the Warmoth conversion neck to get the bridge location spot on.

Why does it look like gold? Is that just paint or 24k real stuff?

It looks like a pretty nice upgrade for these guitars it to fix the tuning stability. It needs the bridge installation to make it look more like a guitar, but I think you have to wait for the Warmoth conversion neck to get the bridge location spot on.

It is metallic gold Rustoleum rattle can.

You can rattlecan my Performance guitars of hollywood custom body for me i want to redo but In experience prohibits me from doing it myself 😂
Very cool! Epi

Bridge on order.

Test fit, sans bridge, may change pickups? dunno. Bridge on order going string thru Fender test neck standing by, with stew mac full pocket angled shims. If I can get it playing well and I dig it, will then order a Warmoth conversion, or 25.5" 59 shape modern with 6100's and probably a ebony board.Gold Nugget Skullet.JPG

Yes the summer time ... try this one . You are repairing a guitar and with each piece "repaired" the old piece goes in the drawer. Then one day when she visits her mother take the old pieces out put it back together et voila anew guitar plus the old one. If she notices say you bought it for 100 from Broccoli Rob.

Last edited:
Looking good! What bridge and pickups are those?
I have re thought things again. I will post picture after reboot...........aka..."chigsby time" The pickups are a Carvin C22B humbucker (alnico 5 double thick magnet) reminds m of a Duncan JB. The neck is an Epiphone firebird pickup. That bridge is an odd no name special I found on the ZON, I decided no go. New parts on order. This may be partly ragamuffins fault.

Yes the summer time ... try this one . You are repairing a guitar and with each piece "repaired" the old piece goes in the drawer. Then one day when she visits her mother take the old pieces out put it back together et voila anew guitar plus the old one. If she notices say you bought it for 100 from Broccoli Rob.
I think I better start in earnest some household projects, get a bunch done that I have been avoiding, and THEN in a few months VIOLA! a new build will not sound so unreasonable.....................maybe even encouraged.................don't want take things "a bridge too far"😆

Last edited by a moderator:
It took some doing FYI. To get the action to where I like, I ended up with a distal neck shim, I shimmed the nut slightly, and cut and shaped an approximately nickle thick plate of brass to sit underneath the bridge to raise it. I didn't think a super thick neck shim by itself was the answer. CTS pots, cloth 22 awg cloth push back wire, Sprauge orange drop cap, Wilkenson bridge, Carvin C22B bridge humbucker (like Dimarzio Super/Duncan JB cross) Duncan SM-1 mini humbucker neck. Plays great so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back