Electronic Drum - NEWBIE on drums

NonsenseTele

Epic Member
Hey guys, how are you???

Beside I've a fucked shoulder and probably only will be able to learn playing drums in a year or so ahead, I've been living with Drums Acquisition Syndrome for a while :sad:

The problems:
1) I live in a apartment, so it must be a electronic...
2) I know crap about acoustic drums, imagine about electronic...

I've been looking mostly at Roland because is the one that "seems" (in the way of look) better...

I was interested in the TD-9SX, but it's listed as US$2700 usually and are very expensive too me... So I'm looking between the TD4SX or the TD9S...
The difference I see are:

1) the mesh pad who seems to be better (only thing I understood is that you can play on the board too like a real drum) on the TD4SX
2) the Sound Module seems better on the TD9S
3) the rack on TD9S seems better for future upgrades (adding more cymbals, etc)

But I can't really see which one is better... the mesh pad x sound module thing...

Any guy here can help me??
Cheers,
Fernando

Know that is a little strange a drum question here, but there are always some guys that work on studios, etc and can know a little ;)

I saw that one, anybody knows is it's good? It has a very nice price!
Alesis DM10 Studio

Hi Nonsense, how's the weather down there?
A band I was in in the 1980's in Texas had a drummer who used electronic drums exclusively fed through the PA. It was fantastic even back then (1989). Although this may not be a huge help to you I think anything that is out there that has survived into this decade would be decent and the Roland sets have a great reputation.
Check out this website, may help: http://www.theelectronicdrumexperts.com/

Hey! I got a answer from a guy that this drum is a nice one, probably I'm going to buy soon...

The weather? one day is cold, then cold + rain, then average, then warm, then back to cold... Weird.... :laughing7:
Thanks for the link, I'll give it a check up!
Cheers

Back