Eeeee! It's here! Roasted Flame maple neck

davi3blu3

Very excited to see this package awkwardly sticking out of the mailbox! After a long wait, my neck has arrived.

Attachments

• arrived1.jpg
    arrived1.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 329
  • arrived2.jpg
    arrived2.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 325
  • arrived3.jpg
    arrived3.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 458
  • arrived4.jpg
    arrived4.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 495
I love that it's very flamey, but also subtle ... flame visibility can change with the angle.  :toothy12:

Super sweet!!  I just picked up, what I think is, my first roasted maple neck.. but there is some debate due to it having the "no warranty if finish is not applied" stamp on it.  I got it off of Ebay, so it didn't come direct from Warmoth.  Can you tell me if yours has this stamp?

War_in_D said:
Super sweet!!  I just picked up, what I think is, my first roasted maple neck.. but there is some debate due to it having the "no warranty if finish is not applied" stamp on it.  I got it off of Ebay, so it didn't come direct from Warmoth.  Can you tell me if yours has this stamp?

Roasted maple necks don't have that stamp, since no finish is required for warranty.  :icon_thumright:

Wolff05 said:
Roasted maple necks don't have that stamp, since no finish is required for warranty.  :icon_thumright:

Perfect!  I guess mine is not roasted then.. Now just need to figure out what kind of wood it is.. lol 

Thanks.

My neck doesn't have that stamp, but it did come with a card that states the following:

"This neck is warranteed to be free of defective materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. The warranty will be void if the neck is played without a hard finish, such as lacquer. We do not consider oil-type finishes to be adequate. Rosewood and ebony fingerboards need not be finished, nor do solid rosewood necks."

That seems like a pretty generic notice, that was maybe written before roasted maple became popular? IDK. It definitely sounds like my warranty is void as soon as I play it.

Have any of you finished a roasted maple neck?

Back